Sr. Vendor Risk Analyst
This role will be responsible for analyzing vendor risk for all regions. This role will partner with other risk departments (InfoSec, Compliance, Risk, Security, etc) to document and track risk requirements. They will create risk registries, track risk acceptance criteria and analyze broad risk areas. This role will also support tracking risk compliance and store risk artifacts (COI, SOC1, SOC2, etc.).
Risk Requirement Compliance (40%)
- Work with risk departments to document risk requirements and method for tracking compliance to those requirements
- Document region-specific risk requirements with countries and work with enterprise owner to built into the larger model
- Develop risk ranking/scoring methodology
- Support creation of risk acceptance approval process by department and develop a process to report exception to senior leadership
- Analyze broad vendor risk portfolio to spot trends and suggest remediation opportunities.
Vendor Due Diligence (25%)
- Support creation of new pre-contract vendor due diligence process with Sourcing
- Manage new due diligence services for the enterprise: Financial Health Checks, Credit Checks and OFAC Checks
- Support development of post-contract check up and audit process for high risk vendors
Program Development and Management Reporting (35 %)
- Support the design, implementation and maturing of the new Vendor Risk Program
- Support process to incorporate data (risk compliance, risk scores, etc) from risk departments into ServiceNow
- Design risk scoring methodology to identify highest risk vendors and support management reporting to Risk Mgt, MCOM and the Board as needed
- Design management reporting capabilities to risk departments
- College Degree
- Five years of progressive financial analysis, reconciliation and research experience required
- Five years of experience in data mining, database management and reporting.
- At least two years of experience with complex programs and databases such as SQL, MS Access, Tableau, PowerBI etc.
Knowledge and Skills
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills in a team environment
- Strong analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Detailed oriented with the ability to track multiple action items, resources and deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to function in a distributed/virtual team and highly matrixed environment
- Expert level experience in usage of various reporting tools, Microsoft Excel, and databases
- Proficient in Chrome/Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Outlook; Microsoft PowerPoint; Microsoft Visio; and Microsoft Word.
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- Strong knowledge of procurement principles, theories and processes.
- Procurement experience in a large Fortune 500 company
Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to excel in situations with limited information and direction
- Strong oral, written, and organizational skills
- Independent thinking, good judgment and creative problem solving skills
- Continuous improvement
- Ability to understand and document business processes
- Insurance, mortgage servicing and/or banking industry processes and overall value-chain, specifically in back-office functions.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.