Assurant is seeking a Staff Auditor for the Atlanta team!
As a Staff Auditor you are responsible for understanding and evaluating the internal control and risk environment within Assurant, Inc. at the business, process, transaction, and/or application level. He or she reports to the Internal Audit Services Manager/Director and completes all assigned work in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Why You Should Consider This Role?
- You are authentic and enjoy collaborating and connecting with people
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You understand, recognize and communicate key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging financial, technical and industry related developments
- You can communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff through written reports and oral presentations
- You enjoy developing business relationships that enable Internal Audit to fulfill its charter and meet stakeholder expectations
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Support and coordinate SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) and MAR (Model Audit Rule) compliance activities through execution of testing and communications to management
- Participate in complex audit projects and work with a team under the direction of the Audit Manager while assisting in project scheduling and initial reviews of work products
- Perform complex risk-based audits through all phases of the audit including planning, testing and providing written reports of key findings.
- Assist with department reports and other required Internal Audit related tasks
- Assess opportunities to improve the internal control environment across the company.
- Participate in Assurant’s bi-annual risk assessment and audit planning.
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is sufficient to re-perform conclusions reached and meets professional standards.
Build Relationships with Assurant Business Leaders/Managers
- Develop an understanding of Assurant Businesses and maintain awareness of significant industry, regulatory and business changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment.
- Apply listening skills to understand business issues and risks by being responsive to clients.
- Be a trusted, objective and independent partner that is sought after to provide cost effective, independent assurance and advice on the effectiveness of the company’s management of critical risks.
- Assist in department initiatives, Centers of Excellence and other teams to review and improve department processes, systems and methodologies.
- Actively learn and apply knowledge gained through professional development opportunities, including external and internal training.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- BS/BA degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in business, management, accounting, finance or related field)
- 1- 3 years of internal or external auditing, operations, accounting, or general business analysis.
- Ability to analyze data, identify root causes and propose reasonable solutions that manage risk.
- Ability to write clearly and be focused on actionable and reasonable results.
- Ability to document work performed to enable external re-performance.
- Ability to think critically through recognizing assumptions, evaluating arguments and drawing conclusions.
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver results while under pressure managing multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply abstract ideas to achieve measurable results.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Experience in accounting and accounting systems.
- Experience managing project plans, issues logs, risk/mitigation strategies, automated testing tools, cost/benefit analysis tools.
How much should I expect to travel?
Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 10% to conduct audits and participate in department meetings.
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.