Job Purpose (Why job exists)
This position is responsible for:
- develop and implement Assurant Japan’s growth strategy and short/mid/long term goals
- establish necessary functions/procedures to build a solid and growth-sustainable enterprise to achieve the goal while aligning to Assurant’s enterprise culture and philosophy
- cross functional coordination to efficiently and effectively drive sale development activities
Person in this position will collaborate closely with all functions within the company. Also, will provide necessary support to areas which need to be improved in order to achieve the goal.
Primary Job Accountabilities/
- Develop Assurant Japan’s growth strategy to achieve short/mid/long term goals
- Identify areas of enhancements or improvements and implement measures to achieve the goals
- Develop, drive and execute additional services or new businesses towards existing key clients
- Establish and maintain rapport with key clients including action plans and consultation on the clients’ strategic initiatives and how Assurant can supply solutions. Regularly facilitate review meetings and make periodic visits to explore client specific needs/requirements and anticipate new opportunities/initiatives
- Support Strategy & Sales Development members to lead the business development and sales function to achieve business goals, strategies, growth and budget targets
- Establish relationships with key partners and/or acquisition targets to accelerate the development of local capabilities and long-term growth.
- Stay current on the Japanese regulatory environment and design compliant client solutions
- Identify and action new business development and growth opportunities
- Negotiate contracts with clients and partners
- Ensuring competitor awareness and deep understanding is maintained at all times
- Manage and track sales development activities
- Coordinate relevant stakeholders (domestic, global, external) to effectively and efficiently manage sales development activities
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or related discipline
- Min 3 years of investment banking, business consulting or B2B sales experience
- Good skills in financial analysis
- Good presentation skills, including preparing presentation materials
- Excellent communication skills both in writing and verbally
- Native Japanese language and advanced English language capabilities
- Good at relationship building and influencing without position power
- Self-starter, proactive, open to ideas, flexible, resilient, smart, and team player
- Strong sense of responsibility and ownership
- Can do attitude
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Experience in working in a matrix global organization
- Being comfortable working with a certain level of ambiguity
- Experience in working in extended warranty and/or insurance industry
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.