The Supervisor, Operations Support directly oversees both permanent and temporary staff members responsible for opening inbound client paper submissions and associated checks, resulting with business scanned, indexed, and manually entered under the appropriate store for correct billing. Also responsible for personnel operating document imaging equipment for use in the creation of images or text. Further responsible for managing work of offshore team.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Responsible for implementing and assisting in developing standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as well as the documentation of said procedures in order, to establish efficient, effective, and responsive delivery of results. The establishment of SOP’s and best practices will ensure accurate and timely turnaround, with an emphasis of cross training all employees within the Operations Support team as a unified team of experts on all assigned tasks and responsibilities.
- Serves as a subject matter expert and is responsible for knowledge sharing with team members.
- Responsible for employee performance and development including mentoring, motivating, coaching, and developing team members.
- Trains new employees and gives direction in handling day to day operational support.
- Manage team member performance and analyze individual and team performance against key performance indicators and metrics.
- Ensure staff completes assigned tasks in accordance with Company's policies and procedures.
- Responsible for all administrative functions such as system access request and equipment orders.
- Responsible to drive productivity and quality through data analysis of defined metrics working closely with the Quality Assurance team.
- Identify and drive process improvements as well as surface opportunities for leveraging technology to streamline processes which will increase productivity and reduce defects.
- Provide leadership and direction in developing a culture of high reliability through cross-training and problem-solving, working towards zero defects.
- Partners with many external vendors such as Kelly Services (Temp Agency), Smart Resources (Temp Agency), Crane Document Solutions (Scanning equipment supply vendor), KodakAlaris (Scanning equipment repair vendor), Hexaware (Offshore Data Entry / Indexing vendor, located in India), DocuSign/SpringCM (Electronic Document Management vendor).
- Manage and supervise the day-to-day administration of Imaging and batch remittance of agreements, plus oversee our dual-site offshore data entry vendor which manually keys 40K to 50K new business contracts per month and ensures all contract entry is reviewed and entered into Assurant Salesforce CRM system as well as maintenance of 3 high volume Customer Service-related queues in Salesforce.
- Provide documentation as needed for external and internal auditors.
- Develop and maintain knowledge management tools. Create and maintain SOPs and other process documentation to facilitate training and onboarding.
- Oversee Assurant’s Electronic Records Management System (SpringCM), which houses all records from internal departments such as GAP Claims, Client Services, Complaint Resolution, Auto Claims, Reinsurance, Accounting, Finance, and Legal, which requires a thorough knowledge of Electronic Records Management.
- Oversee offshore team that validates, and coordinates scanned Images by indexing through SpringCM related to Fax Claims processing.
- Resolve questions related to digital quality, by researching and resolving customer-facing images.
- Responsible for all Auto mailboxes including invoice payments.
- Responsible for renewing licenses for scanning equipment (Scanner Maintenance/Ricoh; Scanner Software License/Kodak / Alaris).
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Minimum 3 years leading a team
- 2 years imaging experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills with contacts both within and outside the company, including co-workers, clients, customers, et. al.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- The ability to set priorities and drive results, and track and monitor progress
- Excellent people, analytical, research, documentation, project planning and implementation skills
- Excellent leadership skills; outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to lead and coach to drive success
- Ability to work positively in a demanding, high volume, fast-paced, team-orientated environment both independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to work well on a team with creativity, patience, and perseverance.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to maintain external vendor relationships
- Technical writing (for outside vendor)
- Multi-site management
- Ability to manage large diverse groups
- Experience in identifying process improvements to create efficiencies
- Knowledge of electrical equipment repair and maintenance
- Records Management (Electronic and Physical Archives)
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- 2 years plus experience in managing data entry teams
- Salesforce knowledge
- Associates degree in Business Management
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.