Supplier Quality Engineer
Location; Budapest, Hungary
Onsite at supplier premises
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
We are recruiting a Supplier Quality Engineer who will be the first point of contact with a designated Supplier, being based in the Supplier facilities. Reporting into the Supply Chain Manager Europe, this position must drive incoming quality by monitoring Supplier processes, driving the incoming quality verification program, and resolving Supplier issues to closure in a timely manner.
- Track Supplier quality issues in real time.
- Responsible for supporting audits of the company Supplier quality management system for ISO compliance.
- Develop audit plans, document and report audit results including any non-conformances.
- Drive the preventive and corrective action program for all activities contracted to the Supplier.
- Responsible for supporting Supply Chain and Purchasing Management in driving cost reduction for the activities contracted to the Supplier.
You will have the following skills;
- Extensive experience of quality engineering with a preference to have experience in supplier quality engineering
- Require knowledge of ISO 9000 and/or QS 9000 standards
- Fluency in Hungarian and English, both verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience interfacing with technical and non-technical personnel such as inspectors, designers, buyers, vendors, manufacturing personnel, and management
- Ability to establish and maintain effective business relationships with all suppliers and vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills to deal effectively with problem solving, brainstorming sessions, strategy development and conflict resolution
- Experience working within a global organisation and cross-functional business relationship skills
- ASQ Quality Engineering Certification is beneficial
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.