Job Purpose (Why job exists)
This job is responsible for establishing tactics for Japan Supply Chain organization based on the overall strategy which is put in place by Japan Supply Chain Director and ensure each identified action to realize the strategy and tactics is properly taken by assigned teams/ colleagues. This job, in short, functions as the right-hand person to Japan Supply Chain Director to manage end-to-end Supply Chain business/ operations for Japan.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
- Understand growth directions of Japan business and their impacts on Supply Chain (SC) and create SC business plans aligned to and based on SC Director’s overall SC strategy as well as his/her own deep analysis on SC operations.
- Breakdown strategic theme/ agenda into working level actionable items to enhance SC capabilities and improve its operations and lead executions.
- Understand complete end-to-end SC business including processes/ procedures that are outsourced to the vendors and adopt best practices to improve customer experience, cost efficiency, productivity, and automation/ digitization wherever possible.
- Monitor and analyze strategically important metrics to identify what to continue, what needs change/ improvement and how, and get actions done in cooperation with other SC members and colleagues in Operations, IT, Business, etc.
- Establish system or process requirements, drive prioritization, and manage implementation in SC.
- Build and maintain relationships with vendors, clients, and internal stakeholders.
- Contribute to SC business planning documentation, regular SC update deck, and other various reporting.
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree at minimum
- Native level of Japanese and at min. business level of English
- Min. 5 years of experience in data analysis and process improvement in SCM, inventory management, consulting, and/or SE
- Understand financial data (B/S, P/L, cash flow) and capable of conducting basic/ non-complex financial analysis
- Excellent logical, analytical, data/ fact driven thinking, and problem solving skills and comfortable with taking calculated risks
- Strong at execution and delivery with prioritization and commitment to agreed goals
- Communication, negotiation, relationship building skills
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility
- Digital mindset, IT literacy, PC skills (advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Flexible, resilient, comfortable with fast-paced high-pressured environment, can contribute in VUCA (volatile, uncertain, complex, and ambiguous) environment
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Strong project management skill
- BPR (Business Process Reengineering) experience
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.