This job is responsible for…
The efficient flow of insurance documents to other departments in the center. This is done by scanning insurance documents into a variety of imaging and claims systems and entering indexing data into those systems. Associates must review and enter data accurately while working in a fast-paced environment, under supervision and from detailed verbal and/or written instructions.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities
Tasks are basic, simple and repetitive. Follows standard guidelines or screens for performing tasks. Resolves simplest questions and problems, refer more difficult items to higher levels. Assists in assembling needed data or other items for reports.
Imaging/Scanning/Indexing – 60%
- Operate computerized scanning machinery and programs to scan files into imaging systems.
- Operate computerized film retrieval machinery to retrieve documents for numerous departments, remote locations and audits.
- Use various computer programs to research, index and route claim documents and digital photos to appropriate areas and queues via imaging systems
- Research and identify products, customer/client information and claims in the computer system.
Mail Handling – 30%
- Open, prep, identify, sort and batch all incoming mail based on product, exceptions and priorities.
- Oversee mailing outgoing correspondence to accounts, insureds, members and claimants.
- Prepare small to medium volume outgoing mass mailing projects by printing letters, folding and inserting letters into envelopes
- Distribution of incoming letters, parcels, & express packages to correct areas and individuals; preparation and collection of outgoing letters, parcels, & express packages
- Record data in mail control logs
General Office – 10%
- Basic filing of paper and electronic documents
- Archive retention/destruction of paper and electronic documents per the Record Retention Schedule
- Assemble data, documents or other items for reports and projects
- Perform simple equipment maintenance – clear paper jam, replace ink cartridge, adjust settings
- Place requests for routine and break/fix equipment maintenance