Overview of Position
Our Cell Phone Repair Technicians keep T-Mobile customers connected by engaging with them to explore device issues, repairing mobile devices and determining warranty adjudication. You’ll work inside a T-Mobile store and be the face of Assurant’s in-store operations, delivering our award-winning personalized customer resolution experience and serving as a technical support resource.
What makes us different?
- We start you with training so you can be an expert in device repair and provide a superior customer experience
- We pay for you to become an Apple Certified iOS Technician and a Level 2 WISE Certified Technician
- We provide excellent compensation, monthly bonuses and retirement programs
- Your medical benefits begin on your first day
- We provide tuition reimbursement available after 6 months
- We deliver exceptional paid time off
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Resolve customer issues relating to equipment problems by repairing phones, tablets and other consumer electronics
- Engage with and assess customer device needs to deliver outstanding service
- Repair smart phones by utilizing tools and processes to triage, determining the most effective method to repair then repairing the device
- Meet or exceed key performance objectives, including service and repair metrics
- Manage repair inventory involving new parts, recording inventory volumes and tracking parts
- Complete regular technical and non-technical coursework in curriculum path within the required timeframes, including device certifications and required skill certifications (initial coursework as well as ongoing training)
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 1 year of experience with product service support or troubleshooting electronics
- 1 year of face-to-face customer service experience
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours as well as holidays
- Knowledge of mobile devices and operating systems
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Any wireless device repair certifications are a plus (i.e., Apple Certified Technicians, CTIA WISE Certifications)
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.