Overview of Position
Our Lead Cell Phone Repair Technicians keep T-Mobile customers connected by leading the team that engages with them to explore device issues, repairing mobile devices and determining warranty adjudication. You’ll work inside a T-Mobile store and be the face of Assurant’s in-store operations, delivering our award-winning personalized customer resolution experience and serving as a technical support resource.
What makes us different?
- We start you with training so you can be an expert in device repair and provide a superior customer experience
- We pay for you to become an Apple Certified iOS Technician and a Level 2 WISE Certified Technician
- We provide excellent compensation, monthly bonuses and retirement programs
- Your medical benefits begin on your first day
- We provide tuition reimbursement available after 6 months
- We deliver exceptional paid time off
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Serve as a technical leader to other technicians in store and across our network
- Resolve customer issues relating to equipment problems by repairing phones, tablets and other consumer electronics
- Engage with and assess customer device needs to deliver outstanding service
- Repair smart phones by utilizing tools and processes to triage, determining the most effective method to repair then repairing the device
- Meet or exceed key performance objectives, including service and repair metrics
- Manage repair inventory involving new parts, recording inventory volumes and tracking parts
- Complete regular technical and non-technical coursework in curriculum path within the required timeframes, including device certifications and required skill certifications (initial coursework as well as ongoing training)
- Supervises between 2 – 5 technicians
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- 3 years of experience with product service support or troubleshooting electronics
- 1 year of face-to-face customer service experience
- 1 year of supervisory experience
- Requires willingness to work flexible schedule, including evening and weekend hours as well as holidays
- Knowledge of mobile devices and operating systems
- High School diploma or GED
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Any wireless device repair certifications are a plus (i.e., Apple Certified Technicians, CTIA WISE Certifications)
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.