Technical Accountant - Europe
Remote Working Opportunities Available
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
Reporting to the European Financial Controller you will prepare the underwriting data in our general ledger, ensuring accuracy and completeness following the monthly reporting timetables.
You will also ensure controls are maintained through the preparation of balance sheet and underwriting reconciliations. Other responsibilities include:
- Reconciliation of general ledger interfaces to cash transactions, profitability reports and other reporting
- Creation of manual journal entries for non interfaced business and for ledger corrections
- Preparation of sales invoices and processing of vendor invoices inline with the correct approval and payment process
- Ensure that period end provisions for unearned premium, deferred expenses, outstanding claims and IBNR have been correctly made and following up as necessary with actuarial and underwriting staff. This will include checking interfaces back to underwriting data and creation of manual journals for adjustments and non interfaced business.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and a high level of technical proficiency
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Good accounting skills with a desire to develop new solutions
- Credible with finance managers and senior management
- Experience of working in a finance team within a mid to large sized organisation
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
To view a full list of the responsibilities and requirements, please visit the job description on the European Careers site.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.