Technical Accountant (Fixed Term until 31st December 2021)
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are recruiting for a Technical Accountant to join our global Finance team. Reporting to the Technical Accounting Manager you will prepare the underwriting data in the company's general ledger, ensuring accuracy and completeness and following the monthly reporting timetables. You will ensure controls are maintained through the preparation of balance sheet and underwriting reconciliations
Other responsibilities include;
- Reconcile general ledger to cash transactions, profitability reports and other reporting
- Create manual journal entries for non interfaced business and for ledger corrections
- Calculation and recording of accrued income and expenditure including client profit shares
- Ensure that period end provisions for unearned premium, deferred expenses, outstanding claims and IBNR have been correctly made and following up with actuarial and underwriting staff
- Prepare monthly loss ratio and retention reports for input to month end meetings
- Calculation and recording of reinsurance business and reconciliation to the underwriting reporting data
- Ensure that transactions are recorded at the level of detail required for future reporting, including the correct use of general ledger fields in addition to the development and use of controls
- Raise Sales Ledger invoices to clients
You will have the following skills;
- Part Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent, including AAT with sufficient work experience) and a high level of technical proficiency
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
- Good accounting skills with a desire to develop new solutions
- Commercial mindset
- Credible with finance managers and senior management
- Experience working in a finance team within a mid to large sized organisation
- Experience of Sun System or equivalent GLs such as SAP
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.