Technical Content Creator
Overview of Position
As a Technical Content Creator, you will be working on a new and innovative initiative at Assurant and helping our customers thrive in a connected world! You will work closely with team members to develop self-service content for various connected devices that will be made available to our customers in various mobile applications and web portals. The self-service content you will be creating will include guides that help customers understand how to use, connect, and fix various smart home devices, home theater devices, smartphones, computers, smart appliances and more. You will also be responsible for quality review to ensure the content is working as expected, up-to-date, and relevant. An ideal candidate will thrive on creativity and have a passion for technical content writing and consumer electronic technology.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Leverage our content creation tools to develop user friendly device and mobile application content including how-to and troubleshooting guides.
- Perform screen captures, and image editing.
- Organize how-to and troubleshooting guides with logical, high-level categorization.
- Spend hands-on time with devices to support developing accurate content.
- Work closely with the product team and other content creators.
- Perform content research related to the consumer tech industry including smart home, home theater, smartphones, computers, smart appliance technology and more.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Strong writing capabilities with the ability to take a technical process and explain it in an easy to understand non-technical method.
- Excellent analytic capabilities, detail, and process oriented, passionate about content.
- Technical troubleshooting, problem-solving mindset.
- Passion for technology including smart home, home theater, smartphones, computers, smart appliances and more.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good understanding of Smart Home products.
- Good understanding of Android and iOS.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, hands-on environment.
- Work well in a high energy, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Bachelor’s degree in Technical Writing, Journalism, Communications, Marketing, or English preferred.
- Experience within a content creation role.
- Previous experience in a technical support role.
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
How much should I expect to travel?
- Up to 5% Travel
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.