The Best Company You've Never Heard Of...
At Assurant, we partner with some of the world's largest and most well-known brands, helping their customers protect what matters most. Everyone at Assurant -- no matter their role, their skills, or where they’re located around the world -- is united by our purpose and values. Our culture encourages you to share thoughtful & innovative thinking that makes a real difference.
Our Mobile Business
Our team based in Frenchs Forest are Australia's leading mobile phone Trade In operators with well-established customer and industry partnerships. Since launching in Australia in 2012, the approach and focus has been on developing high value Retail & Corporate Trade In and Sales Channels, growing each year.
The Technical Lead Role
This 12 month contract will suit a technically strong IT professional looking to grow their career in an industry leading, dynamic environment.
Core to this role, you will:
- Review, develop, and deliver infrastructure and application solutions to support business growth
- Plan and execute IT projects including system upgrades, migrations, and integration activities
- Align business applications and infrastructure with Assurant global systems and processes
- Ensure business continuity and disaster recovery infrastructure and processes are in place
- Work with IT globally, regionally and locally to evaluate and implement best practises & knowledge sharing across teams
- Coach and develop the local IT team's technical skillset for current and future technologies
Technical Knowledge & Experience:
To excel in this role, you’ll have:
- Broad knowledge and experience in the use of technologies, including .NET, AJAX and Extensible Markup Language (XML & XMLT), IIS 8.0 and higher
- Experience with integration and reporting solutions such as SSIS and SSRS
- Understanding of API technologies, foundations and best practices
- Expertise with database technologies including Oracle 12c, SQL Server 2016/2017, PL/SQL and stored procedures
- Programming skills in targeted languages and utilities for the distributed environments and relational database technologies
- Knowledge of client/server and n-tier development principles including Unified Modeling Language (UML) and other tools supporting Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOAD)
- Knowledge of development concepts for Windows and web services
- Experience with Windows Server operating systems including services, registry, & Active Directory
- Experience with Azure and/or AWS cloud-based technologies and solutions
Sounds Interesting? Let's Talk More
Click the Apply Now button to submit your application and we'll be in touch