In this role, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process from discovery to delivery. You will work directly with designers, engineers, and stakeholders to ship meaningful products to millions of users around the world.
We are looking for candidates with an innovation mindset and full range of product development skills. Applicants must be able to push the boundaries of what is possible, while sharing in our healthy obsession of quality and simplicity.
- Work cross functionally with the business heads and delivery heads to execute the product strategy and roadmap
- Ensuring appropriate research and user testing is done before we build solutions
- Act as a subject matter expert to a cross-functional team on sprint planning, standups, retrospectives, and maintaining/controlling a backlog
- Writing effective use cases that address the problems and needs of our users
- Defining and instrumenting success criteria that is measured via qualitative and quantitative feedback
- Working with the Engineering Leads to manage technical debt and ensure timely delivery of projects
- Manage an effective and groomed backlog in ADO
- Copy Features and User Stories in ADO while maintaining links, attachments, and other relevant information
- Manage an effective and groomed backlog in ADO
- Query ADO to provide relevant information to dev team and stakeholders
- Clearly define Acceptance Criteria per feature
- Expert Agile Processes management (Scrum and Agile Hybrid) and Cross Functional communication
- Effective at managing a team with proactive talent development
- World Class Program & Project Execution, consistently hitting dates
- Efficient Delivery of Services (High Quality, Low cost) with continuous improvement
- Efficient and Effective Solution Delivery Process development with continuous improvement driven by data
- 5+ years of experience as Product Owner/Business Analysis
- Proficiency in a wide range of tools and software like Jira/ADO, Figma
- Experience working in a highly collaborative environment
- Experience working closely in cross-disciplinary teams, including Business Analysts and Developers, to shepherd products through the complete SDLC
- Comprehensive understanding of the current trends and best practices in web, mobile, and emerging technologies
- Comfortable drafting comprehensive user stories, acceptance criteria, dependencies, predecessors, and ability to refine with the team to get ‘sprint ready’
- Very comfortable writing concise, clear, well thought out documentation without over-doing it
- Quickly learn and understand the product, technical constraints, team dynamics and organization’s culture
- Strong practical knowledge of agile methodologies, product development, information architecture, usability testing, and UX/UI
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, acting quickly when required
- Multi-task – ability to work on more than one initiative at a time while keeping everything moving
- Sense of urgency – take ownership and drive solutions and obtain results, despite obstacles and challenges
- Ability to find creative ways to make progress without being pushed to do so
- Pride in work – ability to strike a balance between “perfect getting in the way of good” and providing “just enough” to keep things moving. Take pride in deliverables and outcomes
- Results oriented - ability to remain engaged and adding value. Seek out ways to expedite onboarding, focus on getting answers, ask questions, leverage communication tools, take ownership of responsibilities and deliver results
- Resourceful – leverage others, systems, internal tools, Internet, or any means necessary to find answers
- Experience in implementing CMS solutions and maximizing them for efficiency and reusability
- Familiarity with the technical architectural considerations involved when designing for complex systems
- Bachelor's degree preferably in business, IT, computer science, engineering, project management or another technology-focused field
- CSPO Certification or equivalent
Assurant is a global provider of lifestyle and housing solutions that help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We protect, connect, and support over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles, and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 300, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit https://www.assurant.com/
Assurant is committed to providing a competitive rewards package which goes beyond the value of your paycheck. We offer an array of market-competitive benefits and resources to support your physical, emotional, financial, and social wellbeing goals. These include programs to help you invest in your financial future such as savings programs, as well as competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family.
Health Coverage Starting Day One: We offer competitive health and wellbeing benefits to support you and your family. You can choose from a range of health and dental plan options, as well as health plan accounts.
Disability and Life Insurance: We provide short- and long-term disability insurance, life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance.
Retirement: Assurant offers retirement savings plans globally. U.S. based employees are offered a 401(k) plan in which Assurant matches 100% of every dollar contributed, up to 6 percent of eligible pay.
Employee Stock Purchase Plan: Assurant’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) allows employees to purchase shares of Assurant, Inc. stock at a 10 percent discount with funds contributed through after-tax payroll deductions.
Career Development: Assurant offers a variety of internal courses, workshops, special projects, coaching and mentoring programs. Tuition reimbursement and other professional enrichment opportunities are also available to encourage continuous learning.
Work-Life Balance: We strive to provide a work environment that encourages work/life balance. Options depend on job responsibilities and may include flexible work schedules, telework, paid time off and part-time employment.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.