Technical Support Analyst
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
A diverse and inclusive Assurant helps us better understand and connect with our employees, clients and customers. To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are recruiting for a Technical Support Analyst to join our global ICS team. Reporting to the Head of Platform Operations, you will provide efficient IT Services & Support for all staff across Assurant Europe. This includes;
- Support internal customers desktop environment (hardware, operating applications)
- Support all aspects of Assurant on site IT Infrastructure.
- Ensuring that all escalated incidents and requests are dealt within agreed Service level agreements.
- Ensure the security or Assurant's IT Infrastructure and Disaster Recovery provisions are tested and meet our requirements.
- Provide business lead and IT change request, work requests and projects as assigned.
You will deliver the continued provision of business-critical systems and information. It will require out of hours working and occasional travel to Assurant sites within UK and Europe.
Other responsibilities include;
- Provide IT services and support to ~1700 users across 12 sites, outsourced partner locations and 3rd party facilities.
- Ensure that all own and direct teams' incidents and requests are dealt within agreed Service level agreements.
- Ensure accurate and detailed recording in IT Service Desk tools.
- Maintaining and producing documentation for support procedures.
- Take ownership of incidents and requests, to identify causes, implement fixes and keep customers updated.
- Analyse incident and request trends to identify IT Service improvement to 1). Improve IT Service level agreement, 2) Reduce IT costs, 3). Improve customer satisfaction and perception of IT, and 4). Improve use of technology.
You will have the following skills;
- Three years of working in a similar role for a multi-site organisation of at least 1000 end-users.
- Three years working in a medium to large IT team for a non-IT company in the financial or insurance industry.
- Certification in recognised technical training.
- A qualification or knowledge in their area of technical specialty.
- ITIL foundation level required.
- Tertiary qualification in an Information Technology discipline desirable.
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.