The overall purpose and objective of the technical writer is analyzing, writing, editing, curating, and publishing high complex procedures, guidelines, job aids, process maps and / or manuals to increase productivity, improve accuracy, and contribute to the attainment of Assurant’s goals and objectives. The Technical Writer & Designer will provide support and assistance to call center leadership, business partners and team members. This role is temporarily remote, and will eventually sit in our Miami office.
Primary Job Accountabilities/Responsibilities :
Technical Writing and Design
- Serve as a PMP Product Owner for Technical Writing procedures partnering with call center training and client to finalize new product implementations.
- Create, assess, and leverage best practices of client & system procedures, guidelines, and process maps for optimal business practices.
- Collaborate, develop new and maintain current Training department documentation for user training.
- Develop new and maintain existing content/documentation in accordance with established procedures and guidelines .
- Design and development of highly complex procedures and guidelines, grids/tables/charts, job aids, process maps, and / or manuals .
- Ensures content design consistency .
- Facilitate and participates in team, departmental, and business partners conference calls and meetings .
- Performs UAT for various software deployments, upgrades and decommissions, if necessary .
- Identify procedural, system, and process efficiencies .
- Participate in quality assessment of technical writing tools or product readiness for release.
- Manage small to medium technical writing tickets/projects by developing project plans, setting goals and milestones, managing tasks and resources, and ensuring that goals and timelines are met.
Basic Qualifications :
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Communications, Business Administration, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 1+ years of leading projects, teams, or process
- 3+ years in technical writing
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge :
- Knowledge of technical writing models and principles and a demonstrated ability to apply them to the design and development of content/documentation which meets the needs of a diversity of readers is preferred
- Strong working knowledge of various software programs- Microsoft Office 365 including Power BI and Visio or iGrafx
- 3+ years of insurance or financial services experience
- Knowledge of web-based software application or authoring tools- Helpjuice, ServiceNow and RoboHelp
- A plus to have knowledge of animation software tools for videos, photography, design, web, UX and more- Vyond, Adobe Captivate, and Adobe Creative Cloud