Job Purpose (Why job exists)
This job (Technology Manager) is responsible for implementing new IT solutions and system features to enable new business capabilities day-to-day support related to IT systems for Assurant Japan. As such he manages a team to plan, organize, lead, supervise, and coordinate projects and activities with the local business and the global IT team.
Primary Job Accountabilities/ Responsibilities
Provides general customer and IT support for assigned business applications and deals with the most complex system problem logs; works with business and global technical teams to perform effective root-cause analysis, resolution, and ensure preventive actions are executed; leads implementation support activities; directs and participates in training support activities such as documentation authoring and preparation, training preparation and delivery or follow-up.
Be accountable for successful project delivery, including but not limited to new client launch, new business service launch, legacy TWG systems migrations, continuous system enhancement and defect fixing for operational improvement.
Gathers, compiles, interprets and summarizes systems and business process changes;
Maintains system support manual, create and maintain reports, assist with troubleshooting, interprets errors, automate and monitors operational processes.
Monitors infrastructure health, escalate to the Global IT team for outages, follow up on problems and major incidents.
Acts as the customer / IT liaison during analysis, requirements definition and design activities; maintains an understanding of a broad range of business processes and related systems; provides strategic advice for business processes and solutions; collaborates with business stakeholders to define and document business requirements and with technical staff to develop solution alternatives. Provide guidance to peers with less experience within the analytical and/or project management area of job.
Participates in testing activities for maintenance and projects; provides guidance for testing strategies, scope and scenarios; reviews and provides advice for testing-related estimates of effort, duration and resource utilization; reviews test plans; identifies testing risks and contributes to the overall management of project and risk plans; coordinates, manages and participates in complex testing efforts.
Manages the team for successful application development
Maintains and enhances knowledge of the business operations and strategic imperatives of Assurant Japan.
Responsibility for the work of others
- Manages a team of three, Operation Support Engineers and IT Analyst
- Total Number of Employees: 3 (all direct reports)
Basic Qualifications Required - Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a software development or Engineering organization
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in different IT areas, working through the business analysis, design, development, production support and infrastructure.
- Minimum 7 years leading implementations of mission critical applications supporting diverse technologies.
- Bilingual in Japanese and English
- Knowledge and experience in the use of distributed technologies including but not limited to Visual Studio .NET, Visual Basic .NET, C#.NET .NET Framework 3.5 & higher, AJAX and Extensible Markup Language (XML & XMLT); IIS 7.0 and higher
- Source control tool – TFS
- Reporting tool – SSRS and SharePoint
- Database technology including Oracle 12c and SQL server 2014 and PL/SQL and Stored procedures
- Experience with Windows operating systems and shell scripting
- Understanding of cloud hosting and server availability behind a load balancer and firewall
- Travel: Domestically within Tokyo to client offices or vendors; Internationally for training and workshops needs
- Position requires the ability to work outside normal office hours for coordination and reporting with the global IT organization, and to provide support and problem escalation as required
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge
- Willingness to dive into software environments and technical issues
- High command of verbal and written English. Other languages a plus.
- Ability to successfully work under tight project deadlines
- Well organized, good communication and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, team player, action and results oriented
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to analyze complex business and system problems, propose effective solutions and understand and apply business vision and direction.
- Willing to work outside normal hours and wear multiple hats.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.