Contract - Test Engineer
The Test Engineer is responsible for the quality of the system functionality. The main responsibility of the IT QA Analyst/Test Engineer is to conduct different testing levels and their associated test activities to deliver applications with high quality and participate in successful implementations of systems. Assess and revise test sequence and scope based upon test results and/or changes in product design.
This position is remote.
- Lead test initiatives/projects.
- Develop test strategy for major features.
- Estimate test tasks and lead test cycle.
- Mentor Associate QA Analysts.
- Suggest and implement QA process improvements.
- Develop and execute test cases based on requirements/user stories.
- Develop and execute automated tests.
- Document, track, and retest issues found during testing.
- Document and communicate test activities and results.
- Research, suggest and implement tools to enhance test efficiency.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in functional testing.
- Basic knowledge of automation, Selenium experience preferred.
- At least 1+ year work experience on automation. Should be able to run and update the existing automation skills.
- Experience on a Test Management tool & testing best practices.
- Familiar with different testing levels like System testing, regression testing, smoke testing and UAT.
- Well-versed with testing & bug lifecycle. Ability to write good defects and design functional test case cases.
- Ability to query databases, some experience on any of the main databases like: Oracle, SQL, MySQL etc.
- Awareness of Agile practices and understanding of testing in Agile.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field preferred.
- End-User Support Experience.
- Strong communication skills.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and drive for resolution.
- Build relationships.
- Strong knowledge of mobile and cloud-based technology.
- Basic understanding of programming concepts.
- Learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Suggest and implement process improvements.