Trading Manager Europe
Location; Madrid, Spain
Language: Fluency in Spanish and English + one other European language (Italian, German, French, Hungarian)
Remote working opportunities
Who are we?
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and provide a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
Common Sense, Common Decency, Uncommon Thinking and Uncommon Results guide our every action at Assurant. These values inspire our commitment to be a responsible corporate citizen.
We are recruiting a Trading Manager Europe who will be responsible for all purchasing requirements across Europe. Reporting into the Purchasing Manager Europe, you will ensure products are procured at the most commercially viable price, are available within the timescales dictated by the Demand Planning function and drive sales revenue in line with agreed targets.
- Forecast and manage all purchasing and sales activity across various channels within Europe
- Supplier relationship management. Drive improvements across quality and fulfilment through quarterly supplier feedback
- Negotiation of pricing across all product types, displaying value saved across both various products and suppliers
- Drive change. Ongoing development of quality and product types to best support an ever-developing suite of requirements and channels
- Ownership of stock ageing, ensuring device lifecycles are managed accordingly and obsolescence is minimized
- Devise a demand planning strategy to ensure devices are procured at the optimal time, allowing for commercial optimisation
- Supply chain owner for new business opportunities, supporting commercial team with data analysis
You will have the following skills;
- Fluency in Spanish and English, both verbal and written communication skills. Fluency in an additional European languages would be beneficial (Italian, German, French, Hungarian)
- Experience within the Mobile Telecommunications industry with specific product knowledge will be key to the role in order to identify market trends and advise on exclusive issues
- Experience within a Supply Chain trading role
- Experience with developing and negotiating third party service agreements
- Experience in a sales environment using negotiation skills
Benefits & Training
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Life insurance
- Weekly lunch tickets
- Flexible Working
- Internal Wellbeing Programme
- LinkedIn Learning
- Learning and Development opportunities
At Assurant, diversity helps us inspire creativity in the global marketplace, and we are believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.