Training and Development Supervisor
Overview of Position
Assurant is currently looking to hire a Training and Development Supervisor. Previous sales experience a plus! Be a part of a hard-working team that likes to have fun while delivering outstanding world class service! Support the organization’s extended warranty contract business by training new hire agents how to sell extended service contracts on major appliances and consumer electronics and to continue building on growth opportunities as the agent progresses in their career. Support the organization by developing and implementing curriculum to educate new hire employees to be able to successfully comprehend and master internal programs.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Plan, organize and facilitate a wide range of training programs for new hire employees to develop world class sales agents in a classroom or virtual setting.
- Work closely with employees to train how to build customer relationships to create a positive, memorable call experience, while helping customers to protect everything that matters most.
- Develop lesson plans and curriculum for classwork and utilize own knowledge as well as existing media to conduct class training
- Identifying content and learning materials to develop programs that align to client specifications.
- Conduct training of individuals in a one-on-one scenario on the production floor.
- Evaluate training effectiveness to ensure that the training is helping the organization to meet strategic business goals and achieve results.
- Assists management team in identifying specific training needs to make recommendations for developing new programs and on the job refreshers that help employees maintain and improve their job skills.
- Participate in operations meetings to collaborate with management on new hire staffing and training needs.
- Responsible for supervising agents during classroom training period.
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent facilitation and training experience
- Two years supervisory experience
- Experience in curriculum and lesson plan development
- Extensive knowledge of MS PowerPoint, Word and Excel
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Capable of quickly learning new programs
- Ability to prioritize, organize, and work independently, or as part of a project team, to complete multiple tasks.
- Ability to perform detailed work.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong work ethic
- Sales aptitude a plus
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
- General office demands
Assurant, Inc. is a global leader in business services for the connected world. Our lifestyle and housing solutions help leading brands grow revenue, manage risk and deliver a great experience for their customers. We support, connect and service over 300 million consumers worldwide, helping people get more value from their connected devices, vehicles and homes. Assurant is a proud member of the Fortune 500, with decades of experience in the industries we serve.
For more information, please visit assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All aspects of consideration for employment and employment with the company are governed based on merit, competence and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.