The Training Specialist plans, organizes and delivers a wide range of training programs for new hires and existing employees that incorporate work processes and procedures, product, systems, sales and customer service either face-to-face or via webinar. Participates in the analysis of the employee’s specific training needs to make recommendations for developing new programs and on-the-job specific refreshers that help employees maintain and improve their job skills. The position reports directly to the Supervisor or Manager of Client Training Services.
Program Support and Maintenance 15%
- Participating in needs assessments and gathering data to establish project scope and timelines; analyzing audience to determine best/new training strategy/tools through focus groups and one-on-one meetings.
- Identifying content and learning material to develop programs that align to client specifications.
- Assisting Supervisor/Manager to determine baseline for length of training to ensure employees have sufficient time to learn the information correctly.
- Developing or assisting in the development of course curriculum (scripting, lesson plans, job aids, activities, PowerPoints) for product knowledge, systems, and customer service, and implementing by due date.
- Implementing improvements in current processes and procedures to ensure training curriculum is up to date and reflects Business strategy.
- Processing content changes to Knowledgebases and submitting request to eLearning Developer for large code updates.
- Ensuring adherence to legal, branding and compliance/regularly guidelines and/or other standards used throughout the enterprise.
- Informing Supervisor/Manager immediately upon learning of issues that may impact their effectiveness.
- Participating and assisting in peer review process and piloting of new material.
- Listening and evaluating calls to help determine the development of refresher training classes and the need to coach employees based on results of evaluation.
- Spending at least four hours per month taking calls.
- Facilitates training for internal and external customers. This includes, but not limited to, new hire training, Webinars, departmental workshops and refresher workshops.
- Conducts product, system, customer service and sales training.
- Assists in new client program launches.
- Facilitates RAMP week activities and coordinates with Quality Assurance and other areas to ensure call center agents are ready to successfully transition to the floor.
- Provides “on-the-floor” support after program launches to ensure agents have the necessary support and guidance.
- Maintains close contact with call center supervisors and managers to anticipate needs and make recommendations for additional training support.
- Completes all training as assigned by specified dates and achieves satisfactory feedback from participants.
Process Management 10%
- Coordinates class schedules with appropriate parties.
- Orders supplies for classes prior to start date.
- Ensures classroom equipment is tested and working properly prior to class start date.
- Conducts online surveys for courses.
- Maintains training records to include all attendance and system issues.
- Records all test scores within one week of class completion.
- Stays abreast of campaign changes and alerts Managers to ensure that training is alignment with client’s policies and guidelines.
- Consistently models core competency behaviors.
- Informs customers of unavoidable delays.
- Ensures that work requests are documented, tracked, stored, maintained and archived in accordance with company policy.
- Enters project time into tracking system on a daily basis.
Self Development 5%
- Maintains product knowledge and keeps current with processes and procedures at all times.
- Participates in all learning events conducted by the Client Training Services team.
- Proactively seeks opportunities for self-development using external/on-line resources.
- One to two years facilitation experience in customer service and systems or related area.
- One to two years call center experience or related area.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of compositions, and grammar.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in writing as appropriate for the needs of the audience
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Applies advanced problem solving skills and techniques / proactive problem solving
- Ability to multitask, including managing multiple complex projects
- Active listening skills
- Ability to observe, receive and otherwise obtain information from all relevant sources.
- Organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
Travel/Shift work :
- Minimal travel
- Some new hire classes may require flexible shifts such as Tuesday-Saturday or evening hours (i.e., 11am-8pm).
- Up to 10 hours Overtime weekly may be required, with frequency through-out the year.