What will be my duties and responsibilities in the job?
The purpose of this role will be to analyze carrier invoices related to freight charges for all depot locations, provide insight on Transportation trends, and work with site leadership to understand potential impact to the business. Will also design, prepare and distribute data for Transportation reporting.
- Prepare and analyze data to provide business insight on Transportation trends and work with site Leadership to help obtain input to determine direction for freight billing.
- Partner with the business reporting group to help design reporting tools that can be used across depots
- Develop and conduct analyses and communicate results to site Leaders.
- Creation of dashboards to show progress against Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Collaborate and develop relationships with site Leaders to fully understand the site Transportation needs related to their core business
- Lead projects and deliver results under time constraints.
- Drive standardization and automation in analysis and reporting.
- Drive ideas for future analyses and data gathering efforts.
- Participate in the training and be a resource to site leaders
- Work directly with vendors (carriers) to identify and resolve issues with invoicing
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High School diploma or GED
- 1-2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years of experience in business data analytical role
- Ability to work independently and in a team to develop innovative solutions.
- Ability to manage tasks/projects to required deadlines in a changing environment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Intermediate – Advanced)
- Prioritize multiple tasks and ability to deliver results on time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively collaborate with Leaders across multiple sites
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associate or Bachelor’s degree related to Business Analytics
- Experience with SAS; familiarity with writing SQL queries
- Experience with creating reports in Tableau
How much should I expect to travel?
- 5% Travel
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.