What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
The Transportation Manager is responsible for managing and leading all transportation efforts for all Light Manufacturing sites consisting of domestic and international freight movement, network strategy, financials, and overall service metrics in support of the company defined guidelines.
- Be accountable for carrier performance, including setting service expectations, monitoring service and financial performance and holding carriers accountable.
- Balance transportation cost against revenue offsets with partners (T-Mobile/USC/Verizon) and liquidation customers (eCom, HRC and Wholesale buyers)
- Oversee carrier agreements, including terms and rates.
- Support international trade compliance activities related to inter-regional shipments of devices
- Identify opportunities to reduce freight cost for both AIZ and customers.
- Analyze service and financial reporting weekly to identify trends and opportunities; communicate findings to appropriate parties and provide viable solutions to correct performance and/or service issues.
- Review and approve monthly transportation invoices and ensure invoices are thoroughly reviewed for any inconsistencies
- Research, test and implement technology tools to improve shipping, communication, and measurement while reducing expenses with vendors
- Participate in all carrier bid packages, carrier rates, carrier selection, carrier contracts, and carrier service/performance levels.
- Provide logistical analytics, reporting and analysis for perpetual evaluation of network optimization, productivity, cost control, customer service and freight cost.
- Manage all aspects of performance, accountability and development of direct reports to maintain a high level of performance and encourage professional growth.
- Provide consistent, relevant, and accurate data analysis and support supply chain decisions using data driven methods.
- Promote a safe environment and meet all safety requirements complying with company policies and regulations
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in related industry.
- Minimum 5 years of management and knowledge of shipping and transportation.
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Knowledge of Export Control and Customs and Foreign Trade Data Regulations.
- Familiarity and understanding of hazardous shipments and CFR49.
- Knowledge of DOT/Federal Motor Carrier rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with ERP systems and freight bill audit/payment software systems.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities across projects.
- Ability to drive accountability and results.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to collaborate and work effectively with others, as well as independently.
- Ability to make sound business and production decisions when faced with a degree of ambiguity and complexity.
- Demonstrates understanding and application of management approaches for work direction, performance management, and disciplinary actions.
- Proficient in MS Office suite.
How much should I expect to travel?
- 20% Travel
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.