Assurant is seeking a Unit Manager I,II OR III for the Atlanta, GA Florence, SC OR Springfield, OH facility
Successful candidates for the Unit Manager Level I, II or III position will have demonstrated management competence and understand the mortgage banking and insurance industry processes. The Unit Manager II or III will manage a multi-function team servicing specialty clients with complex processing needs. In addition, the Unit Manager Level II/III will also provide backup and support to Operations Management as needed. We offer an opportunity for you to grow your career and learn the mortgage banking and insurance industries.
This position will be temporarily remote due to Covid-19
Lender Place Processing: This Unit have multiple clients and/or multiple functions that are responsible for lender placed insurance activity, refund checks, correspondence, report reconciliation, and tasks/client referrals. Due to the high customer contact, individuals in these positions must display excellent interpersonal skills to be effective.
- Participates in the development of short/long term goals and plans for work group
- Plans, organizes, leads, controls, and coordinates the day-to-day activities of associates involved in providing services in the area of hazard outsourcing.
- Solicits guidance from manager on best course of action for issues identified in work group
- Ensures that controls exist to monitor existing performance for all department assignments, and managing financial risk to the clients and Assurant by effectively managing controls to prevent losses and poor customer support.
- Communicates appropriately departmental performance
- Insures appropriate/available tools, supplies and facilities exist for all associates in department, that are necessary to perform core functions and responsibilities
- Consistently enforces all corporate/operational/departmental policies and values
- Provide coaching and direction to all associates within department that promote continued improvement in performance.
- Enforce all key performance indicators that measure productivity and quality standards associated with department functions and tasks.
- Investigate and appropriately resolve all complaints associated with performance of individual(s), department and/or operational tasks. Identify root cause, implement controls to prevent/minimize future occurrences.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve department/operational objectives within assigned areas.
- Maintains individual and group reports/data that explain departmental and individual performance including (but not limited to) attendance, work hours, productivity and support staffing models.
- Able to negotiate through differences in a productive manner that resolve issues impacting areas in and outside of assigned department/work group.
- Resolve personnel issues in an appropriate manner and supporting HR policies.
- Recruit best possible candidates with skills and experience needed to support departmental functions.
- Leverage high performing associates to support critical roles within work group.
- Align staff resources and skills to support functions in department.
- Provide appropriate incentives and rewards that promote excellence and achievement.
- Solicit feedback from appropriate resources for continued improvement in self development/learning.
- Participate in client meetings/updates and provide all necessary information within the timeline agreed upon.
- Able to maintain service levels for specific functions within span of control.
- Is able to maintain a variety of service level objectives within span of control.
- Continually challenge staff to improve/increase skills and operational knowledge.
- Ensures that controls exist to monitor changes in processes designed to address issues and highlight progress.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve. department/operational objectives that are within work groups.
- Solicits and/or offers assistance to work groups outside of span of control with out jeopardizing service levels to assigned department.
- Participate with analysis and resolution of operational problems, process improvements that cover other areas outside of span of control.
- Insure Account Executives (AE) are updated with any changes involving assigned client.
- Conduct or lead the analysis and resolution of operational problems, process improvements that cover other areas outside of span of control.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve department/operational objectives that reach beyond assigned work groups.
- Capable of presenting data and/or information to clients as might be necessary for client on-site audit review.
- Have the ability to maintain a variety of service level objectives that cover multiple disciplines within span of control.
- Act as a backup to Operations Manager when necessary.
- High school diploma or GED
- 3 years supervisory experience managing, motivating, and developing employees
- Basic office computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office
- Experience in mortgage servicing, banking, insurance, contact center management, business process outsourcing, or related industries
- Associate or Bachelor degree in business or related field or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of mortgage servicing systems
- Knowledge time management tools
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to multi-task and meet multiple goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to analyze a situation, influence others, and negotiate a win-win
- Demonstrated ability to be decisive and results-oriented with a high level of integrity
- Ability to innovate and improve processes as needed
- Strong time-management and organization skills
- Must be flexible and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to engage co-workers and peers in cross-functional teams.