Unit Manager II
The Unit Managers at Assurant Plans, organizes, leads, controls and coordinates the day-to-day activities of associates involved in providing services in the area of hazard outsourcing.
- Supervises day to day responsibilities of team of associates working in secure environment with checks representing escrow funds for Hazard functions.
- Ability to identify and resolve any issues with checks prior to endorsement to home owners.
- Ability to maintain extreme security controls around checks and check stock with no deviation from established procedures.
- Participates in the development of short/long term goals and plans for work group
- Solicits guidance from manager on best course of action for issues identified in work group
- Insures that controls exist to monitor existing performance for all department assignments, and managing financial risk to the clients and Assurant by effectively managing controls to prevent losses and poor customer support.
- Communicates appropriately departmental performance
- Insures appropriate/available tools, supplies and facilities exist for all associates in department, that are necessary to perform core functions and responsibilities
- Consistently enforces all corporate/operational/departmental policies and values
- Provide coaching and direction to all associates within department that promote continued improvement in performance.
- Enforce all key performance indicators that measure productivity and quality standards associated with department functions and tasks.
- Investigate and appropriately resolve all complaints associated with performance of individual(s), department and/or operational tasks. Identify root cause, implement controls to prevent/minimize future occurrences.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve department/operational objectives within assigned areas.
- Maintains individual and group reports/data that explain departmental and individual performance including (but not limited to) attendance, work hours, productivity and support staffing models.
- Able to negotiate through differences in a productive manner that resolve issues impacting areas in and outside of assigned department/work group.
- Resolve personnel issues in an appropriate manner and supporting HR policies.
- Recruit best possible candidates with skills and experience needed to support departmental functions.
- Leverage high performing associates to support critical roles within work group.
- Align staff resources and skills to support functions in department.
- Provide appropriate incentives and rewards that promote excellence and achievement.
- Solicit feedback from appropriate resources for continued improvement in self-development/learning.
- Participate in client meetings/updates and provide all necessary information within the time line agreed upon.
- Able to maintain service levels for specific functions within span of control.
- Is able to maintain a variety of service level objectives within span of control.
- Continually challenge staff to improve/increase skills and operational knowledge.
- Insures that controls exist to monitor changes in processes designed to address issues and highlight progress.
- Promote team development and cohesive participation to achieve. Department/operational objectives that are within work groups.
- Solicits and/or offers assistance to work groups outside of span of control without jeopardizing service levels to assigned department.
- Participate with analysis and resolution of operational problems, process improvements that cover other areas outside of span of control.
- Insure Account Executives (AE) are updated with any changes involving assigned client.
- Associate’s degree and/or equivalent work experience is required.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience required.
- Experience in mortgage servicing, customer service, retail banking or hazard processing is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- An understanding of human resource policies and procedures.
- Basic workflow management tools.
- Well developed interpersonal skills promoting team participation with assigned staff.
- Motivational methods to improve and develop assigned staff.
- Ability to engage co-workers and peers in cross-functional teams.
- Multi-task and perform to multiple goals/objectives.
$47,100.00 - $77,700.00
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
Connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
What’s the culture like at Assurant?
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant. Named a Best/Great Place to Work in 13 countries and awarded the Fortune America’s Most Innovative Companies recognition in 2023, we bring together top talent around the world. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We call our culture The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.