US Reporting Manager
Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are recruiting for a US Reporting Manager to join our global Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Financial Control you will support the Financial Control Team provide efficient, accurate, and high-quality submission of all our reporting outputs, including statutory and US reporting. You will need to help provide high-quality reporting of the financials to the US parent. This includes several legal entities, branches and covering multiple currencies. You will also use your knowledge of accounting systems to support finance transformation and the integration of the business.
Other responsibilities include;
- You will be an important contact for the US Financial Reporting Team. You will play an active role in the management of this partner, including identifying and responding to their needs
- On time and high-quality delivery of consolidated financials within the European group to the US partners Completion of high-quality quarter-end templates to the US
- Maintain ledger reconciliations (by entity) between UK GAAP and US GAAP submissions
- Meaningfully contribute to the integration business and finance transformation, and system simplification projects.
- Support the statutory and US audit process, working with experts and team members within the wider Finance team, to deliver in a cost efficient manner
You will have the following skills;
- 2:1 degree level or above
- ACA / ACCA / CIMA qualified
- 2plus years post qualification experience in a Financial Reporting role
- Knowledge and Skills:
- UK GAAP knowledge
- US GAAP knowledge
- Strong skills in Microsoft Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets)
- People management
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.