The UX Designer is responsible for creating and implementing designs which make human-computer interactions intuitive, easy, adaptive, consistent, and relevant to the task being performed. The UX designer must ensure that the design of a system not only satisfies the functionality that the user requires, but also considers the emotions that those particular pieces of functionality will invoke. UX Designers will participate in the discovery, definition, design, development, and deployment processes of the software delivery lifecycle – researching and understanding users, creating user journey maps and personas, defining wireframes, information architecture, and style guides, producing interface designs, performing usability testing, and validating assumptions using survey techniques and feedback loops.
A UX Designer is responsible for creating the look and feel of computer interfaces to navigate the functionality of an interface which produces a positive human-computer interaction. Design being foundational to the site or product being created; other aspects that contribute to the design are storyboards and mockups, information architecture, user research and usability testing, etc.
The candidate will be responsible for translating the requirements for a product's optimal functionality into interactive solutions. This entails the incorporation of market research and psychology, design of the human-computer interface for optimal effectiveness, inclusion of easily navigable content, graphic/information design and finishing for maximum aesthetic appeal.
- 3 years of experience with UX design for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- 3 years of experience in modern web and application programming skills, such as .Net, AJAX, PHP, XHTML, and jQuery.
- User experience design experience for software, Web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- A thorough understanding of user-centered design methodologies and processes, including but not limited to, journey maps, persona creation, wireframing, usability testing, etc.
- Creativity, problem-solving, passion and attention to detail
- Exceptional design skills
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Ability to create wireframes as well as visual design comps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for UX Design and learning
- Self-managed and motivated
- Highly analytical and highly creative
- Bachelor Degree, with a major in Computer Science, Web Development, Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing, Graphic Design, Software Engineering or a related field of study.
- Working knowledge of web and mobile application frameworks, such as Appcelerator Titanium, ASP.NET, Bootstrap, Kendo UI, and MVC frameworks (ex: Angular.js and Knockout.js)
- Use responsive web design to create user interfaces that automatically conform to multiple screen sizes and devices.
- Utilize social networking APIs (from Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc.) to integrate social actions.
- Working knowledge of one or more of the leading DBMS, e.g., MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and IBM DB2.
- Knowledge of developing functional mock-ups in Axure or similar prototyping tool
- Be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and UI design tools