Assurant is looking for an experienced UX designer in Atlanta, GA, Miami, FLo
The UX/UI Designer is responsible for creating and implementing designs which make human-computer interactions intuitive, easy, adaptive, consistent, and relevant to the task being performed. The UX/UI designer must ensure that the design of a system not only satisfies the functionality that the user requires, but also considers the emotions that those particular pieces of functionality will invoke. UX/UI Designers will participate in the discovery, definition, design, development, and deployment processes of the software delivery lifecycle – researching and understanding users, creating user journey maps and personas, defining wireframes, information architecture, and style guides, producing interface designs, validating assumptions using usability testing and support the front end development.
The candidate will be responsible for translating the requirements for a product's optimal functionality into interactive solutions. This entails the incorporation of market research and psychology, design of the human-computer interface for optimal effectiveness, inclusion of easily navigable content, graphic/information design and finishing for maximum aesthetic appeal.
- 5+ years of experience in User Experience and User Interface design for the digital platforms
- Strong expertise in producing functional low/high fidelity prototypes in Figma, Sketch, Invision or similar design tool
- Experience working in agile/product scrum or a digital agency environment
- Experience working on B2B, B2B2C and D2C platforms for the web, enterprise applications, software which leverage emergent technologies, consumer appliances and/or mobile devices
- Active collaboration with the product owners, UX peers, developers, business stakeholders and brand marketing are an essential part of this role
- Facilitate design thinking workshops as needed to support the overall product UX roadmap and vision
- Data driven design and user advocacy is highly desirable for this role
- Thorough understanding of user-centered design methodologies and processes, including but not limited to persona creation, journey maps, wireframing, usability testing, etc.
- Creativity, problem-solving, and attention to detail
- Strong conceptualization ability, strong visual communication ability, drawing skills and sketchbook technique
- Ability to create low-fi wireframes leading up to best in class high-fidelity visual design comps
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-managed and motivated
- Bachelor’s degree, with a major in Human-Computer Interaction, Mobile Computing, Graphic Design, Computer Science, Web Development, Software Engineering or a related field of study.
- Be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite and other UI design tools
- Any UX certifications are a bonus (NNG, HFI etc.)
Please submit your UX design portfolio with the application