Remote Working Opportunities Available
About Assurant :
One of the biggest businesses you’ve probably never heard of has some very big opportunities for people with big ambition. We are Assurant. A creative Fortune 500 company with 15,000 colleagues around the world, who protect what matters most to over 300 million customers. And whether it’s automotive support, mobile phone and gadget protection or house and business rental insurance, we are always ready to support our customers and clients.
At Assurant, we celebrate the differences that make us who we are. By assembling extraordinary teams from a variety of races, religions, sexual orientations, gender identities, ages, experiences and abilities, we’re able to better reflect the global communities where we live and work. By working to remove barriers, we ensure equity for everyone. The pursuit of inclusion rests with each of us. Because it’s only by listening to and representing the unique voices of every individual that we can innovate for all.
Our continued year on year growth means opportunity for everyone. We need a range of professionals who can harness the power of technology to develop the insights, the products and the strategies to excite our customers, bring our people together and take our business forward. Every role will help us meet our growth targets and continue to expand our customers.
We are recruiting for an UX Designer to join our Application Delivery team. Reporting to the Manager, Software Engineering you will conceive and conduct user research and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes, mockups and prototypes. The Lead UX/UI Developer will also design overall journeys to meet the our requirements and promote a user-focused mindset across Assurant's teams
Other responsibilities include;
- Work with the European Digital Development Manager, the Assurant Optimisation Team and work with teams
- Translate concepts into user flows, mockups and prototypes that lead to high-quality intuitive user experiences
- Provide wireframes, user stories, user journeys and mockups optimised for multiple devices and interfaces
- Identify design problems and brainstorm elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user experience related decisions related to our functionality
- Take a user-centric design approach and test and iterate your designs
You will have the following skills;
- UX/UI Developer experience
- Passionate, positive and able to make complex things simple
- Presentation, and creative challenge-solving skills
- Have an eye for great design and good background knowledge of UX design principles and practices.
- Knowledge and experience in lean/agile product development, mobile platforms, and European market trends.
- Skills of, user-centric design process/principles and teamwork
- Experience with prototyping tools such as Axure, Invision, etc.
- Proficiency in software engineering tools (e.g. ADO, Jira, TFS, GIT)
The call to action:
At Assurant, we’re very big on supporting you to be the best you can be.
We offer a great range of benefits which our employees value and help make Assurant the best place to learn and work. Our benefits reflect our commitment to attract, engage and retain the most talented people and offer a diverse selection of benefits to suit you whilst working at Assurant. And from flexible working to BOOST (our internal wellbeing programme) from training and development to a range of rewards, what matters to you, matters to us. If you’d like to talk about big opportunities with the biggest business you’ve probably never heard of - apply today!
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, colour, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.