The Vice President of Asset Value Recovery is responsible for leading global product distribution for all pre-owned devices the company remarkets into the global secondary markets which exceeded $3B in sales. This role provides global leadership to the organization around trends in the market and builds/executes strategies to maximize the value of assets sold and P&L impact for this segment of the business. Responsibilities include the development of all sales/service strategies, execution of the strategies, client/buyer acquisition and management, process and technology continuous improvement, team leadership and development, compliance and reporting.
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Lead all AIZ secondary market activities globally, either directly or through coordination with local/regional teams, to maximize value recovery for re-marketing assets
- Cultivate an industry-leading knowledge base of the global secondary markets and leverage this knowledge in tactical execution and strategy formulation
- Create and execute a multi-year strategy for preserving/expanding AIZ’s industry leadership in asset value recovery
- Monitor and adjust to shifting market dynamics driven by supply/demand changes and product OEM HW/SW changes
- Build and execute channel/distribution strategies that capitalize/shape changes to the global supply chain for key products moving through secondary markets
- Build distribution for new products/categories as needed to support growth initiatives within the TIU product/services group
- Become a visible leader globally in this space, helping to build AIZ’s brand leadership
- Direct and coordinate company value-added service functions
- Develop and coordinate the entire life cycle of device operations
- Partner with marketing and business development teams to identify and develop new customers for product portfolio
- Analyze, evaluate and improve the effectiveness of processes, technology, people, and results
- Develop and manage sales and budgets and oversee the development and management of internal operating budgets
- Directly manage client accounts and coordinate internally as appropriate to maximize the customer experience
- Participate in the development of new project proposals
- Partner with marketing in the preparation, issuance, and delivery of materials for use with customers
- Promote positive relations with partners
- Recommend and administer policies and procedures to enhance operations
- Work with executive management to develop long-term business plans for the company
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Recruit, train, supervise, and develop a global team of direct and indirect reports
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- Bachelor’s degree with an emphasis in business or related field; MBA or related advanced business degree preferred.
- 10-15 years of leadership experience demonstrating progression and growth of responsibilities and scope
- Significant experience within the wireless/mobility industry.
- Significant experience with reverse logistics systems/processes and the ecosystem of companies in the space. Experience with mobile devices and OEMs is a plus.
- Significant experience operating within the global secondary markets for pre-owned consumer electronics.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Mature and flexible executive capable of toggling between vision and tactics
- Adaptable to dynamic environments and able to roll up sleeves on tactical items from time to time
- Innovative and able to create new business strategies and enhancements to drive growth
- Dedicated team player that works well in a collaborative environment
- Ability to thrive in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, growth-oriented environment
- Ability to travel up to 30%.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law in employment decisions.