As a Wireless Technician, you will inspect, refurbish, test, program, tune, troubleshoot and repair complex radio frequency electro-mechanical devices such as mobile phones. You will work from complex schematics and diagrams, and utilize Multi-meters, Oscilloscopes, RF Signal Generators, Spectrum Analyzers and Communication Test Sets to troubleshoot faults to the component level. A successful Wireless Technician II has demonstrated a higher level of skill than the Wireless Technician I and will typically handle the more complex and difficult tasks as needed.
Additionally, you will work independently at your station but will also have the opportunity to work in a friendly, team-oriented environment. This is a production environment with productivity requirements and quality standards. If you enjoy working with your hands and want to work with the latest in wireless technology, this may be the perfect career opportunity for you!
This is a Weekend Shift - Fri/Sat/Sun from 6:00am-6:30pm
How We’re Different
- We provide competitive compensation
- You will receive a shift differentail for working the weekend shift
- Your medical benefits begin on your first day
- We provide tuition reimbursement available after 6 months
- We deliver exceptional paid time off
What will be my duties and responsibilities in this job?
- Conduct root case failure analysis and troubleshooting on suspected defective equipment
- Perform repetitive electromechanical assembly using hand and electric tools
- Must be able to perform component level and board repairs
- Identify and report root cause deficiencies
- Identify and report routine process deficiencies
- Test, repair and program equipment
- Perform soldering and de-soldering using handheld soldering equipment
- Work with care and urgency in order to meet production goals
- Participate in continuous improvement and team building activities
- Refer to and follow Standard Operating Procedures to perform the job duties
- Physically move material as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work overtime and on Saturdays as needed
What are the requirements needed for this position?
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years skill-related experience such as working with components, testing requirements and/or assembly of small electronics
- Ability to demonstrate a high-level of proficiency with soldering and de-soldering
- Basic computer skills and the ability to enter data on multiple screens
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 30 pounds
What other skills/experience would be helpful to have?
- Associates degree in electronics or technical degree in a related field
- 1-year experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Proficiency (level II) or Knowledgeable (level I) in analog, digital and RF disciplines
- Demonstrated strong verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to interact effectively and positively with all levels of company personnel
What are the working conditions and physical requirements of this job?
Position requires incumbents to regularly sit or stand, for long periods of time, and operate standard office equipment such as a computer. Position requires incumbents to carry and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Must be able to talk and hear. Required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in environment is low and it is an electro-static discharge (ESD) safe area; requires the use of wrist straps and smocks at all times.
$17.83 - $28.53
Any posted pay range considers a wide range of compensation factors, including candidate background, experience, and work location, while also allowing for salary growth within the position.
Helping People Thrive in a Connected World
We work with the world’s top brands to make smart devices simpler. Vehicles last longer. Homes more secure. Problems easier to solve. And we volunteer in communities all over the globe to help the world become a greener, better place. We come from a variety of countries, cultures, and backgrounds. But we’re united by our enduring values of common sense, common decency, uncommon thinking, and uncommon results. So connect with us. Bring us your best work and your brightest ideas. And we’ll bring you a place where you can thrive. Learn more at jobs.assurant.com.
For U.S. benefit information, visit myassurantbenefits.com. For benefit information outside the U.S., please speak with your recruiter.
Our Culture Defined
Our unique culture is a big reason why talented people choose Assurant and why they tend to stay. Although we have a wide variety of skills and experiences, we share common characteristics that are uniquely Assurant. A passion for service. An ability to innovate in practical ways. And a willingness to take chances. We believe that staying on top doesn’t mean sacrificing our values. We believe clarity of vision and a sense of purpose will carry us forward. And we take charge of our own success. We call it The Assurant Way.
Assurant is a leading global business services company that supports, protects, and connects major consumer purchases. A Fortune 500 company with a presence in 21 countries, Assurant supports the advancement of the connected world by partnering with the world’s leading brands to develop innovative solutions and deliver an enhanced customer experience through mobile device solutions, extended service contracts, vehicle protection services, renters insurance, lender-placed insurance products, and other specialty products.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and does not use or consider race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in employment decisions.