Associate Enterprise Risk AnalystApply Location New York, New York Requisition Number 56821
A. Enterprise Risk Modeling (85%)
- Updating all forecast data, scenario assumptions and model parameters in the company’s stress testing models (40%)
- Building out future refinements to the global risk models (15%)
- Collaborating with Financial Planning and Analysis on enhancing forecast data projections (15%)
- Investigating and executing on additional enterprise risk modeling capability as warranted by business needs and changes in solvency regulation (15%)
- Provide all data and exhibits required in support of the ORSA process
- Update quantitative exhibits for the quarterly enterprise risk dashboard for the Finance and Risk Committee
- Undergraduate degree
- Minimum four years in actuarial or risk modeling capacity, at least 3 of which in the insurance industry
- Demonstrated progress towards actuarial, risk management, or financial analyst credential
- Strong proficiency in Excel, and at least introductory knowledge of Visual Basic Application
- Understanding of Assurant lifestyle and housing products
- Familiarity with Enterprise Risk Management concepts, and stress testing in particular
- Exposure to financial reporting processes
- Awareness of ERM regulatory requirements, in particular the NAIC Own Risk and Solvency Assessment regulation
- Knowledge of Remetrica risk modeling software
- Ability to work independently and prioritize
- Strong communication skills
- Minimum of three exams passed towards either the SOA or CAS credential if pursuing an actuarial credential or demonstrated progress towards the CFA, ARM, or FRM designation for non-actuarial quantitative risk credentials
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.