Customer Contact & Operations Specialist I
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full Time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Customer Contact & Operations Specialist IApply Requisition Number 56378
This position is responsible for front line, direct contact with clients and customers while providing overall excellent customer service and problem resolution in the VPS Contact Center. The Specialist duties may include processing file loads and/or data entry while maintaining data integrity for all incoming transactions such as enrollments, client contracts, cancellations, transfers, registration, payments and claims. Contact with clients and customers may include inbound/outbound communication via phone, email, fax, mail or chat. This position reports to the Customer Contact and Operations Support Supervisor of the center and receives varying levels of supervision depending on level within the Customer Contact and Operations Support Specialist Job Family (I-IV).
Provide overall excellent customer service and problem resolution in the VPS Contact Center – 90%
- Responds to and resolves issues encountered by clients and customers in a timely and positive manner. This involves mostly inbound calls, but may also include outbound calls, email, fax and chat
- Executes effective processes to manage data entry and data integrity for all customer/client transactions such as enrollments, cancellations, registration, payments and claims
- Researches coverage verification, missing contracts, and other common issues coming from the contact center, AEs, accounting and other departments, and provides timely resolutions as well as suggestions to reduce those occurrences in the future
- Ensures that all customer/client requests are responded to in a timely manner, and meaningful solutions are proposed and implemented
- Adheres to standards for effective job performance and development
- Gains and maintains in-depth understanding of VPS products, clients, systems and applications
- Ensures compliance with ISO, SOX, PCI and other applicable internal and external audits.
Process improvements and personal development – 10%
- Partakes in, and adheres to, training programs and quality assessment standards for effectiveness in supporting departmental goals and objectives
- Actively participates in the development of personal performance management plans
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of experience in an office, call center, or customer contact environment
- Excellent written and verbal skills to communicate with team members, management, customers, counselors and other employees of the organization
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to work with frequent interruptions and under deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with others to generate ideas or resolve problems
- Ability to present a professional image
- Ability to establish courses of action to ensure efficient completion of work
- Ability to think creatively and make decisions based on incomplete information
- Ability to process time sensitive data and information from multiple sources, including data from mainframe systems, makes decisions based on this data, and to effectively communicate the related required actions to a broad audience
- Ability to quickly adapt to change, proactively recognize process improvement opportunities and be able to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Proficiency of computer navigation and Microsoft Office 2003 or later versions & Microsoft Windows XP or later versions
- Hiring Manager: RODNEY D BANKS
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.