Service Repair Examiner (Work from Home/Remote)Apply Requisition Number 52048
- Utilize Technical expertise and experience to drive financial savings (lower cost repairs and reduced product buyouts/replacements)
- Compile daily reports (productivity & costs savings) and maintain accurate and thorough documentation
- Validate repair estimates, and when necessary, challenge Servicer repair estimates
- Avoid costly product replacements/buyouts by identifying expedited repair solutions that include sourcing hard to find parts, alternative parts, rebuild solutions or technical support necessary to ensure an accurate diagnosis’ and associated repair solution
- Assess repair escalation history to determine best “go-forward” decision (expedite repair solution or replace/buyout product)
- Work closely with management to identify specific manufacturer repair issues which have a large financial impact (quality related issues that result in large volumes of repair)
- Identify rapid repair solutions to avoid costly buyout due to time-in-service
- Provided technical support to Assurant’s service partners and Assurant employees in order to ensure the best overall financial/customer experience decision
- Utilize historical data to identify specific patterns of Servicer behavior that drive unnecessary costs or negatively impact customer experience.
- Provide technical information, training and support to other departments as directed by Management
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Minimum 3 years field service repair experience in one or more of the following industries: major appliances, consumer electronics, lawn & garden or HVAC).
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strong PC skills, with the ability to multi-task
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Bachelor’s degree or Technical/Trade-School equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience in one or more of the following industries: (major appliances, consumer electronics, lawn & garden or HVAC).
- Cross trained to support and service multiple industries (example: major appliances and consumer electronics)
- Prior management or supervisory experience
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.