Customer Care Professional
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Customer Care ProfessionalApply Requisition Number R-89984
The role of a Customer Care Professional is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact, and Assurant is very much invested in your success in this role. Providing excellent customer service is top priority for us!
Acting as the customer’s primary point of contact, you will:
- Receive in-bound calls from customers who want to open a claim
- Listen, solve problems, answer questions and work with them to find a resolution
- Use your expertise to proactively make recommendations that will help customers avoid future issues
What you will enjoy:
- The variety of work - every day and every customer’s situation is unique
- Being part of a high performing, collaborative and supportive team
- Competitive compensation and paid time off
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Career advancement opportunities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Relentless drive to provide exceptional customer service
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Strong attention to detail and problem-solving skills
- Ability to adapt to change and work well in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task using technology while handling calls
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
When you work:
- Hours of operation are 7 days a week, Monday through Sunday between 5am – 9pm PST, 365 days per year including holidays
- This job is 40 hours a week and shifts are usually (not always) 5 consecutive days on with 2 consecutive dates off for 8 hour shifts but shifts can change to meet business needs so it is important that you have open overall availability
- We do pay shift differentials for night and weekend schedules worked
When you start, we train you:
- It’s a combination of virtual “class room” & “on the job” training that is typically 4 weeks long but duration can vary
- Class room training hours are typically Monday through Friday from 8am – 5pm with a lunch break
- Upon completion of class room training you will receive your regular shift & start working those hours
You will work remotely temporarily due to COVID 19:
- Normally, this is an on-site position and Customer Care Professionals will return to working at our Albany, OR office in the future.
- Our Albany, OR office is located at 1880 14th Ave SE, Albany, OR 97322.
- While working remotely, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.