Customer Service Representative
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full Time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Customer Service RepresentativeApply Requisition Number 57455
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) position has direct impact on the customer’s satisfaction and experience with our company, products, and services. This role is responsible for providing superior service to our customers who have purchased extended warranty contracts for wireless cell phone handsets. Key responsibilities include verbally collecting pertinent information for the customer over the phone, determining insurance coverage on each claim, and providing the appropriate resolution based on Assurant company guidelines and values.
Successful CSRs are able to respond with empathy during difficult customer conversations, while simultaneously entering data on different screens.
Answer incoming customer calls and provide appropriate level of service and issue resolution according to company guidelines while providing a superior customer experience.
- Receive and answer customer questions and resolve concerns relating to claims, warranties, and product servicing.
- Follow standard screens/scripts as appropriate.
- Maintain and update customer account records as needed.
- Appropriately escalate customer questions and issues when necessary according to guidelines.
Assess client needs and resolve claims according to insurance policy provisions and customer service guidelines.
- Coordinate with immediate supervisor or other personnel as needed to resolve claims and issues not of routine nature.
- Gather information and examine forms, policies, and other records as provided by claimant and other agencies orresources to make appropriate determination of resolution.
- Forward suspected fraudulent and questionable claims to appropriate personnel.
- Balance workload based on business needs between paperwork and in-bound calls. Responsible for meeting deadlines and requirements.
Maintain and update product knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals.
- Understand how the Customer Service Representative role fits into the larger organizational context and actively support others in the achievement of common goals.
- Maintain professionalism with all contacts, both internal and external and treat individuals with respect.
- Participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months previous customer service experience
- Ability to type 25 words per minute
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Customer Service Representative in a call center environment
- Experience moving between multiple screens while entering data
- Bilingual a plus
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.