Customer Service RepresentativeApply Requisition Number 50769
If you want to work for a company that offers benefits on your first day of employment, advancement opportunity, and a family work environment, we want to talk to you!
The Customer Service Representative (CSR) position has direct impact on the customer’s satisfaction and experience with our company, products, and services. This role is responsible for providing superior service to our customers who have purchased extended warranty contracts for wireless cell phone handsets. Key responsibilities include verbally collecting pertinent information for the customer over the phone, determining insurance coverage on each claim, and providing the appropriate resolution based on Assurant company guidelines and values.
Successful CSRs are able to respond with empathy during difficult customer conversations, while simultaneously entering data on different screens.
Answer incoming customer calls and provide appropriate level of service and issue resolution according to company guidelines while providing a superior customer experience.
- Receive and answer customer questions and resolve concerns relating to claims, warranties, and product servicing.
- Follow standard screens/scripts as appropriate.
- Maintain and update customer account records as needed.
- Appropriately escalate customer questions and issues when necessary according to guidelines.
Assess client needs and resolve claims according to insurance policy provisions and customer service guidelines.
- Coordinate with immediate supervisor or other personnel as needed to resolve claims and issues not of routine nature.
- Gather information and examine forms, policies, and other records as provided by claimant and other agencies orresources to make appropriate determination of resolution.
- Forward suspected fraudulent and questionable claims to appropriate personnel.
- Balance workload based on business needs between paperwork and in-bound calls. Responsible for meeting deadlines and requirements.
- Maintain and update product knowledge on an on-going basis and attend workshops, seminars, and other training sessions as appropriate.
- Build and maintain effective working relationships and support teamwork in meeting company goals.
- Understand how the Customer Service Representative role fits into the larger organizational context and actively support others in the achievement of common goals.
- Maintain professionalism with all contacts, both internal and external and treat individuals with respect.
- Participate in special projects, assume new responsibilities, and adjust priorities as requested.
- High school diploma or GED
- Minimum 6 months previous customer service experience
- Ability to type 25 words per minute
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task
Preferred Experience, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a Customer Service Representative in a call center environment
- Experience moving between multiple screens while entering data
- Bilingual a plus
Requisition Number: 50769
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.