Customer Service Representative
As part of the Assurant customer service team, you’ll do more than just answer calls or respond to questions. On behalf of our clients, you’ll work directly with consumers to help them protect what matters most. You’ll be their primary point of contact and their source of information. You’ll listen, solve problems, and patiently find a resolution.
- Full time
- Entry Level
- Evenings & Weekends
What makes a successful Customer Service Representative? Look below to see if you found the right fit.
- Good Listener
The culture is amazing. The managers and staff are very supportive and promote an open exchange of ideas and information.– Marcus K., Arizona
Customer Service RepresentativeApply Requisition Number R-89631
The role of a Customer Service Representative is a key position within Assurant because you are the voice of our organization and clients. You are highly valued as our customer’s primary point of contact and you care about helping others. The Customer Experience is at the forefront of all you do, exceeding expectations at every turn. You are a listener, problem solver and believe in quality. You enjoy being on the phone and customers hear your smile as you patiently help them find resolution.
- Provide superior service to our customer who have purchased extended warranty contracts for wireless cell phone handsets.
- This role requires listening to our customer’s concerns and showing empathy while resolving their issue
- Because every customer is different, we expect you to take the initiative to truly understand our customers current challenges, solve them, and use your expertise to proactively help them avoid future challenges
- A robust paid training environment that enables you to learn the business, the systems, policies and most importantly how to effectively engage and resolve customer challenges.
What You Will Like
- Starting pay of $15 per hr.
- 10% shift differential for closing and weekend shifts
- Monthly incentive plan option to earn additional $100-$200/month
- Tuition reimbursement available after 6 months up to $5000/annually
- Medical benefits begin on your first day
- Competitive paid time off
- The diversity - every day and every customer are different
- The opportunity to demonstrate your unique problem-solving abilities to our customers and to the rest of your team
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You love helping and connecting with people
- You’re a problem solver who likes to think on their feet and enjoys a challenge
- You thrive in a fast paced, changing environment
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Strong attention to detail
- Love talking to people and ability to WOW customers on every call
- Excellent verbal, written, and listening skills
- Relentless drive to own the customers problem and resolve it
- Ability to adapt well to change
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to think outside of the box to resolve problems
- Ability to multi-task using technology, including call handling
- Minimum high school diploma or GED
You will work remotely temporarily due to COVID 19
- Normally, this is an on-site position and will return to working at our Albany, OR office in the future.
- Our Albany, OR office is located at 1880 14th Ave SE, Albany, OR 97322.
- While working remotely, you are required to have internet services with a minimum internet speed of 15 Mbps on the download side and a minimum of 3 Mbps on the upload side. You can test your internet speed at www.speedtest.net or by contacting your service provider.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Resha S. - Customer Service Representative
I can be myself here. It's just a comfortable work environment. Management is so understanding - they recognize that we're all human. And they listen to our feedback. In turn, I understand my customers and where they're coming from.
We're not scripted - but you do have to have a heart and you have to actively listen. I take escalated calls and I know my customers can hear the concern in my voice right away. That means I'm helping. My supervisors taught me how to grow my skills and how to protect my customers. I continue to receive training, and it's in my plan to become a supervisor.