Human Resource PartnerApply Requisition Number 52293
The Human Resources Partner provides human resources support to managers and employees in designated segments in one or more Assurant businesses through a center of excellence. This role supports the business by providing comprehensive and consistent processes to provide coaching and counseling services to employees and managers on performance and conduct/behavioral related challenges; answering questions and listening to concerns about the workplace and jobs. The HR Partner will be involved in requests to look into situations that may require a less complex level of investigation or have a sense of urgency to resolve. Those requests may come from employees, managers, Legal etc. In addition, the HR Partner will proactively partner with HR Business Partners and managers on providing insights and trends that impact the achievement of business results. Support may be provided onsite or remotely/virtually.
The feedback and coaching provided by the HR Partner will model and reinforce the learnings of Assurant’s Leadership Program, Experience 2.0, to enable managers to leverage their discretion in judgment to determine the most appropriate course of action. To this end, he or she will promote our culture of engagement, learning and performance while providing a fair and consistent approach to policies, procedures and practices to minimize risk to the company.
Creating and maintaining strong relationships will be critical to success as the HR Partner will serve as a key resource to managers and HR Business partners. In this capacity, the HR Partner may provide training to managers on topics that will enhance engagement or provide greater insights into management of people resources to support business objectives. Relationships with other HR COEs such as Talent Acquisition and HR Shared Services), will be vital to the success of this role
- The HR Partner provides proactive and reactive coaching and consultative human resources advice and services to all employees of ASSURANT in their designated business unit as well as on an as needed basis in other parts of the business from intake to resolution. This coaching and advice is centered around and leverages the core learnings of Experience 2.0 (i.e. StAR/StAR-AR, GROW) as they counsel on Performance Development and Performance Improvement situations. . They will build and maintain strong working relationships with Managers and with the HR Business Partners for their client group. (60%)
- The HR Partner leverages MyHR (Case Management and KnowledgeBase), to document and manage the types of situations that come to them from managers and employees. The Partner will use these tools to mine data for their client groups and use the analytics to drive performance in the organization. In addition, the Partner will recommend updates and suggestions to the content in the KnowledgeBase and in the analytics, that will improve the content available to them and to the managers. (20%)
- The HR Partner will develop and maintain relationships with members of the HR Services team (YES) to expedite and ensure that employee and manager concerns or requests are responded to in a timely, consistent and accurate manner as well as documented appropriately. This will also apply to the Legal and Compliance teams for Assurant. The Partner will know when to involve the Assurant Legal & Compliance teams whether for advice or to inform. (20%)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area
- 3+ years of experience in an HR professional role supporting all levels of employees.
- 2+ years of experience in coaching and advising all levels of employees including management in areas such as performance, organizational change, employee engagement, working relationships.
- HR experience in a Call Center or Claims operations environment
- HR certifications PHR, SPHR are a plus
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.