European Tax Manager, NetherlandsApply Location Amsterdam Requisition Number R-88518
Assurant, is one of the leading providers of automotive warranty and mobile device protection in Europe, serves over 11 million European customers. Its businesses develop, underwrite, market and administer specialty insurance including mobile phone insurance, gadget insurance and extended service contracts through collaborative relationships with mobile network operators, dealerships, retail banks, electronic goods and household appliance manufacturers and retailers.
As a partner we provide solutions which assist our corporate clients to support their customer engagement, growth and loyalty aspirations.
clients & customers.
At Assurant, diversity helps us drive innovation in the global marketplace, and we are strong believers in the strategic value of inclusion and how it improves performance, creates growth opportunities, better aligns us to our clients, and enhances employee engagement.
To achieve this, we believe we must reflect the diversity of the customers we serve.
This role will be part of the European tax team function, which reports into the global tax department. Based in the Netherlands, this role will be responsible for various tax compliance matters in Europe and not limited to just Dutch taxes. The purpose of the job will be to support the Senior Tax Director based in the UK on any European tax matters required.
- Preparation and filing of Dutch corporate income tax returns
- Preparation of tax disclosures for Dutch legal entity financial statements
- Preparation and filing of Dutch VAT and IPT returns
- Preparation of US GAAP quarterly reporting (current and deferred tax calculations) for Europe
- Forecasting permanent differences for US tax accounting
- Preparation of 5471 tax packs for US tax returns
- Liaise with US tax, European finance teams and other internal stakeholders and external tax advisers, auditors and tax authorities as required
- Work with external advisers to review, monitor and file other European (non-Dutch/non-UK) corporate income tax, VAT and IPT returns
- Preparation of tax payment forecasting and liaison with treasury with regard to tax payments due
- Preparation and filing of intrastat and EC sales lists
- Work with finance colleagues to reconcile IPT and VAT control accounts
- Keep abreast of tax changes across Europe, provide advice on and implement these within the business
- Assist with any European tax audits including audits by Dutch tax authorities
- Support the Senior European Tax Director by providing Dutch tax advice on any business restructurings or transactions including Brexit, transfer pricing, new business deals, M&A, etc.
- Deal with ad hoc tax queries from the finance team and other parts of the business
Qualifications: Qualified accountant, tax adviser or lawyer. Will consider qualified by experience and/or trained with Dutch tax authorities.
Previous experience: At least 3-5 years minimum experience in working in Dutch tax (either in practice or in industry). Experience working in the insurance industry is preferred but not essential.
Knowledge and skills: Dutch corporate income tax and indirect tax knowledge (specifically VAT) required.
- A high level of numeracy,
- Good verbal and written communication
- Restless curiosity - Inquisitive and challenging to drive business performance
- Good with Microsoft Excel
- Has track record of delivery and career development
- Understands stakeholder management
- Ability to prioritise and manage through successful deliveries
- Confident, ambitious and driven
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a market leader
Assurant is a fast paced organisation that has large growth plans. This role will not only provide you with excellent career progression but will let you be part of the success story
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.