AccountantApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Miami,Florida Requisition Number R-87392
Assurant is seeking an Accountant to be part of the Reinsurance Solutions team!
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
- Prepare various monthly/quarterly reinsurance statements.
- Prepare various month-end and quarter-end journal entries.
- Prepare monthly client balance sheet reconciliations and P&L reviews.
- Assist in the coordination of the quarterly client flux explanations for various Assurant legal entities.
- Prepare entity reporting schedules for various Assurant legal entities, including Schedule S and/or Schedule F, footnotes to the Annual Statements, and General Interrogatories.
- Monitor Trust (custodial) accounts and letters of credits for various entities reinsurer’s used as collateral and reported on Schedule S and/or Schedule F.
- Assist with various state compliance and financial audits as they relate to reinsurance and commission accounting for the department.
- Perform quality review of SOX Controls.
- Assist with the coordination of SOX Audits with Risk and Advisory Services and our external auditors.
- Coordinate conference calls/meetings with the clients and/or other departments to resolve issues/discrepancies.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- 3-4 years of related experience
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Proficient in MS Word and MS Excel
- Ability to work overtime, particularly during quarter-end and when needed
- Knowledge of premium, commission, and related asset/liability accounts
- Captive or Facultative reinsurance experience a plus
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.