Accounting AnalystApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number R-87358
Assurant is seeking a talented individual to support the financial close process within the General Accounting Department. The Accounting Analyst’s primary responsibility will include providing timely and accurate financial information to support the reporting and close process. This position will also assist with analysis and ad hoc department projects.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 500 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 21 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
- Support the monthly financial close
- Prepare, process and review monthly journal entries for all key business segments (Corporate, Global Housing and Global Lifestyle and Global Preneed)
- Prepare or review account reconciliations supporting general ledger balances on a GAAP and STAT basis
- Assist in reviewing journal entry support and reconciliations prepared by third-party provider / offshore resources (EXL).
- Assist with analytics supporting significant variances on the GAAP and Statutory Financial Statements
- Assist with the preparation of key financial statement presentations to Senior Management
- Adhere to SOX and MAR Control requirements
- Provide overview of accounting schedules to internal and external auditors
- Participate in/lead ad hoc department projects as assigned
- Formulate, develop and administer procedures necessary to implement approved policies and procedures and provide the overall direction necessary to ensure the delivery of efficient and effective processes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years general accounting experience
- < 5% travel
Preferred Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- CPA a plus
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Microsoft BI and advanced Microsoft Excel skills including pivot tables, V-look ups, etc.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process
- Able to work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment
- Able to demonstrate adaptability and flexibility
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.