Analytic Product ManagerApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Pennsylvania Requisition Number R-89356
The Product Manager of Assurant Data Analytics COE is responsible for day-to-day design and execution of strategic products/projects for Assurant’s internal lines of business and external clients. The role is focused on building Analytics as a Product (AaaP) and plans/manages product features through the product development process. The end product will support the overall line of business strategy using data analytics features, functions (including machine learning and data science products) and integrating them into the line of business processes to improve operational efficiency and business value. This is a cross-functional role that uses business acumen, data/analytics, user experience, customer feedback, vendor tools and technology to create seamless customer experience.
Product Leadership (50%)
- Act as product owner and drive Analytics as a Product (AaaP) structure & process and provide thought leadership to Assurant’s Data Analytics COE, questioning traditional wisdom, current standard practices, and capabilities.
- Develop, manage, maintain and communicate the product (AaaP) development roadmap
- Work cross-functionally with business owners to develop innovative data analytics products that will increase customer experience, capitalize growth opportunities, deliver competitive advantage and improve decision making.
- Drive execution with the product team, ensuring that everyone is working towards the same goals and impact.
- Act as subject matter expert internally on the AaaP process and platform.
- Own ongoing support for product materials (including training documentation, wiki pages and product guides etc.).
- Strong team player who can proactively partner across teams to identify and solve organizational challenges/opportunities.
Communicating Insights (25%)
- Provides feedback to data analytics and engineering teams on product design (including ML and non-ML solutions), development and communicate the approach and implementation of the ML and non-ML solutions.
- Understand the “why” behind the product features and functions and work with senior management to understand the roadmap, supporting KPIs and can clearly communicate to their product development teams.
- Leverages data to present compelling business cases to optimize investments and operations
- Presents analysis and resulting recommendations to business and senior management team.
- Communicates and educates both technical and non-technical employees on analytics and data-driven decision making
Project Management (15%)
- Leads projects and assists in development of project plans, business understanding, business validation, hypothesis testing, presenting complex information for various audiences in simplified terms, and identifying next steps and future opportunity
- Mentors team members in product management proficiency, analytics storytelling, business acumen and cross-functional agile delivery
- Collaborates with team members to prioritize requests requiring multiple resources for thorough project completion within stated timelines
Support Data Strategies (10%)
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) of insurance, management, and data analytics by attending self-development programs, interacting with peers, and reviewing pertinent literature. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Participate and drive data modeling and governance best practices
- Proactively engages internal and external teams to discover areas of analytical needs
- Advances company-wide understanding and implementation of AI and machine learning as well as matures the team’s practices and procedures, leveraging learnings from existing implementations
- Participates in the talent acquisition process by screening and interviewing candidates at all levels
This role can expect to travel about 20% of the time.
- 8+ years of experience in product management, business analysis, research, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, business intelligence, or related fields
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role
- 5+ years of experience with data science development lifecycle (CRISP-DM) and/or an agile software environment (SDLC)
- 2+ years’ demonstrated delivery of business results
- Demonstrated experience working cross-functionally in a large organization
- Demonstrated experience working closely with senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to translate data into quantifiable actions/deliverable
- Master’s Degree preferred in business, mathematics, computer science, or related field
- 7+ years of experience in a Product Management,
- 5+ years of experience in a Product Management role leading analytical projects
- 8+ years - Experience in data analysis that includes translating insights into recommendations
- 8+ years – Experience in strategy and/or analytics product design & delivery experience in executing world-class analytics products
- Experience with data storytelling and distilling complex information into understandable ideas
- Experience working in insurance industry
- Ability to provide innovative approach to problem solving with a demonstrate a track record
- Exposure with cloud technologies (e.g. Apache Spark, Azure (Databricks, Azure ML, Cognitive Services))
- Ability to lead and motivate employees that may or may not be direct reports
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.