Automation Engineer (DevOps Coach) - RemoteApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Georgia Requisition Number R-87728
As a Dojo coach, you get to prioritize learning, help teams up-skill and improve their work lives, which increases individual performance, productivity, and joy/happiness. They support the creation of new technology infrastructures and maintain software configuration, automation tools, and develop automation processes and standards. Using a blend of engineering and coaching skills, they identify opportunities and facilitate Dojo experiences that enable teams to learn new methods and new ways of working. The engineering coach also provides feedback to other engineering teams based on Dojo engagements, this feedback will be used to spearhead the creation of new technology infrastructures, software configuration, automation tools, and develop automation processes and standards based on real-world use cases. This is a fully remote position.
What You Get to Do:
- Participate in Dojo discovery sessions that drive appropriate Dojo experiences (Product Dojo, Flash Dojo, Workshops, etc.), conducts learning events for any staff Engineers and other engineering teams on how to build software defined/driven processes in code. They are responsible for assisting with development plans for other DevOps Engineering Coaches and will drive expansion and improvement of Dojo offerings to be consumed by other engineering teams.
- Coaching software deployment strategies that allow DevOps engineers to successfully deploy software and services in any environment. They may contribute to configuration management tools, code, and modules for the purpose of streamlining implementation and supportability.
- Contribute feedback/recommendations for optimization of comprehensive automation systems that operate across all lines of business at Assurant. Assist with scaling strategies and developing automation scripts and solutions for the purpose of streamlining, implementing, and testing software-based technology services.
- Work collaboratively with junior members of various teams in the usage of technologies for software development, software testing, service provisioning, and service management. Leverages the workings of reusable tools and patterns, for example, reusable code and CI/CD pipeline tasks. Support engineering teams in PaaS usage, cloud native practices, cloud native app development & delivery, the implementation and lifecycle of infrastructure solutions and operational documentation to meet the highest levels of quality and standards.
- Research and implementing industry best practices and trends on behalf of the DevOps department. They experiment, conduct research, tests, and implements new metrics collection systems that can be reused and applied to software-based technology services and application development projects.
What You Need to Have:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or any other relevant STEM field or equivalent experience
- Passion to help others, and ability to teach on how to find solutions versus giving answers
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in a DevOps capacity, preferably as a DevOps Engineer, or a combination of experience in DevOps engineering, software engineering, and software defined infrastructure automation/configuration management
- Monitoring tools such as Dynatrace, NewRelic, CloudWatch, Azure Monitor, and Nimsoft/CA UIM
- Must have the ability to communicate and convey both technical and non-technical concepts, as well as possess empathy and comfort in common public speaking such as presenting and facilitating Dojo experiences
What We Would Like You to Have:
- Knowledge of infrastructure security, platform, authentication, and networking requirements
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Minimum of 1 year in a Coaching/Training role
- Experience with software configuration management and/or release automation tools
- Delivering business-centric, integrated technology solutions at an international scale
- Azure DevOps, Octopus and/or Microsoft Release Manager, Cosmos DB, Application Insights, SQL PaaS, PowerShell and PowerShell DSC, Microsoft Service Fabric
- Experience with CI/CD toolchains, Maven, Jenkins, Ansible, Chef, Terraform, Sonarqube
- Container orchestration tools, such as Kubernetes, Mesos, or Swarm
- Use of the Atlassian stack (Jira, etc.)
- Be a result oriented individual, be helpful in nature, be self-motivated, be proactive going beyond the call of duty, be a creative and strategic thinker, be highly analytical, work comfortably in a constantly evolving environment, work comfortably in a collaborative environment, have an ability to pivot to meet changing objectives, and have an ability to remain calm in the face of uncertainty and stress
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.