AVP, Business Development and Strategic GrowthApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number 55507
- Expand sales and grow revenue by pursuing market and niche opportunities by identifying prospects, evaluating prospect’s position in industry and bringing in new business.
- Explore partnership opportunities with other P & C insurance carriers.
- Develop partnership with digital agencies to become their flood insurance product provider.
- Engage in direct and consultative sales activity to win business through new prospects.
- Monitor sales forecasts, identify opportunities to enhance performance and take action to meet or exceed sales goals.
- Lead and/or support assessment of new growth opportunities through market analysis and competitive understanding.
- Keep management informed of competitive activities and market conditions.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 8 years’ professional work experience
- 6 years’ business development experience
- 3+ years’ experience of working in long sales cycle sales which may involve C-level decision makers
- Demonstrated mastery of sales competencies
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills to effectively communicate initiative objectives, sales ideas, plans and results to all levels within the company and to outside business partners as needed.
- The ability to keep up with changes in the market place, and the ability to modify strategies based on the changes identified.
- Ability to apply experience and knowledge of the business to discover, develop and implement strategies that bring financial results to the Business Unit and our clients.
- Prepare and deliver formal business development presentations to potential/existing partners, demonstrating an in-depth understanding of solutions provided by Assurant Flood and the partner’s current and future needs.
- Utilization of creativity to develop innovative ways to grow our business and differentiate our Business Unit from outside competitors.
- Knowledge of principles involved in the sales process.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully with ambiguity and multiple decision makers.
- Ability to maneuver and influence.
- Ability to overcome obstacles/barriers.
- Knowledge of Flood Industry.
- Strong network and relationship in P&C space, preferably in Flood insurance.
Request An Accommodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need. Assurant is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.
Please visit Assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select “Employees”. In the first dropdown, select "Career-Candidate Accommodation Request".
Assurant, Inc. (NYSE: AIZ) is a global provider of risk management solutions, protecting where consumers live and the goods they buy. A Fortune 500 company, Assurant focuses on the housing and lifestyle markets, and is among the market leaders in mobile device protection and related services; extended service contracts; vehicle protection; pre-funded funeral insurance; renters insurance; lender-placed homeowners insurance; and mortgage valuation and field services. Assurant has a market presence in 21 countries, while its Assurant Foundation works to support and improve communities. Learn more at assurant.com or on Twitter @AssurantNews.
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.