Behavioral AnalystApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Miami,Florida Requisition Number R-89763
Data Analytics - Behavioral Analyst
The Behavioral Analyst is responsible for supporting internal Assurant business partners with insightful, analytical findings, as well as advancing the overall Data Analytics organizational strategies. This role will work with Behavioral Analytics team members to learn analytical techniques and improve tools used by the team. The analyst will present findings to the business and must be comfortable communicating to all levels of the organization.
Work from home days possible.
Creating Value Through Data
- Produce clear, insightful, understandable work products (visualizations, reports, presentations, etc.) to outline business opportunities and actionable recommendations
- Transform data into insights through leveraging internal and external tools (e.g., R, SAS, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Excel, Sawtooth, Power BI, etc.) to identify and quantify opportunities
- Build studies that add substantial value to the decision-making process through proactive data analysis, reporting, and research
- Develops machine learning solutions for complex business problems; examine data and develop use cases to identify artificial intelligence/machine learning solutions
- Provides feedback to product and engineering teams on machine learning solution design and development and communicate the approach and implementation of the machine learning solution
- Works independently with mentorship from senior team members and/or leadership of the Data Science team on leveraging existing frameworks and models for known use cases around machine learning
- Devises new algorithmic approaches to solving difficult quantitative problems using large scale enterprise data sources
- Presents analysis and resulting recommendations to senior management
- Leverages data to present compelling business cases to optimize investments and operations
- Communicates and educates both technical and non-technical employees on analytics and data-driven decision making
- Leads projects and assists in development of project plans, conducting analysis/modeling, hypothesis testing, presenting complex information for various audiences in simplified terms, and identifying next steps and future opportunity
- Mentors team members in technical proficiency, code reviews, and business acumen
- Collaborates with team members to prioritize requests requiring multiple resources for thorough project completion within stated timelines
Support Data Strategies
- Remains abreast of developments in the field(s) of insurance, management, and data sciences by attending self-development programs, interacting with peers, and reviewing pertinent literature. Incorporates advancements when practicable and cost effective.
- Participate and drive data modeling and governance best practices
- Proactively engages internal and external teams to discover areas of analytical needs
- Advances company-wide understanding and implementation of AI and machine learning as well as matures the team’s practices and procedures, leveraging learnings from existing implementations
- Participates in the talent acquisition process by screening and interviewing candidates at all levels
Basic Qualifications Required
- 2+ years - Experience in business analysis, research, statistics, applied mathematics, data management, business intelligence, or related fields
- 2+ years - Experience with data science tools (e.g., R, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Advanced Excel, Tableau, Power BI, Sawtooth, CART, etc…) and relational database software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Applied Mathematics, Computer Science, or Information Management; or equivalent is required
- Bachelor’s preferred in business, mathematics, computer science, or related field
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate at all levels in the organization
- Experience with data storytelling and distilling complex information into understandable ideas
- Experience working in insurance industry
- Experience with data science tools (e.g., R, SAS, Python, SQL, Hadoop, Advanced Excel, Tableau, Power BI, Sawtooth, CART, etc.) and relational database software
- Ability to provide innovative approach to problem solving and demonstrate a track record of such
- Possesses strong analytical and research skills
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.