BPO Supplier ManagerApply Requisition Number 51962
We are seeking a dynamic new addition to our Global Delivery Office (GDO) at Assurant, the team which is responsible for Strategy and Governance of all complex third party providers to maximize the business value from the relationships. The team also rigorously manages various kinds of risks that these complex relationships may create. Assurant has strategic relationships with various Business Partner Outsourcing (BPO) suppliers. BPO suppliers include suppliers that perform the following functions or some portions of these functions on Assurant’s behalf: call center, back office operations, claim processing and policy administration, Finance & Accounting, Human Resource Processes, Print and Knowledge Processes.
The purpose of the BPO Supplier Manager role is to take full accountability of developing and executing outsourcing strategies and governing the large scale BPO vendors. These are typically multi-million dollar contracts/relationships.
BPO Strategy Execution and Transition
- Work with the GDO strategy team in conducting strategic studies of various operational areas and vendors assigned to the manager. This includes an in-depth review & assessment of existing operating model, processes, service levels, technology & total cost of operations.
- Defining global delivery model solution such that it maximizes the value of outsourcing service provider and the respective deal for Assurant, prevent leakage of value and minimize risks associated with the relationship
- Work with existing and new suppliers to develop new innovative solutions and validate internal hypothesis
BPO Supplier Governance
- Implementing and leading detailed governance including Contract Management, Financial Management, Performance Management and Relationship Management
- Develop deep expertise of operations that are being outsourced to the supplier; to be able to develop effective solutions to operational and contractual problems
- Track and maintain highly complex business case that need to be calibrated constantly as the consumption changes
- Ensure governance and value tracking processes for assigned suppliers are effective and in compliance with Assurant’s Third Party Oversight policy and in alignment with established category strategies
- For assigned BPO suppliers, manage supplier performance, outsourcing portfolio dashboards and opportunity catalogue across a potentially vast array of supplier services and outsourced functions.
- Serve as supplier specific subject matter expert pertaining to delivery of 3rd party services and performance, financial & contract management throughout the life of the relationship.
- Operate as business liaison between C-Level stakeholders (i.e. COO, CFO) other business executives and chosen 3rd party supplier(s).
- Lead the continuous improvement efforts for supplier governance.
- Maintain current industry regulation knowledge, with respect to outsourcing strategies and supplier management.
- Monitor outsourcing environment to keep current on provider and industry trends.
- Monitor outsourcing regulatory changes related to country of origin and location in which services are being performed (i.e. U.S., U.K, India, Philippines, etc.)
- Develop the solution design, operational requirement documents, Service Levels, and deal structures. Leverage Sourcing & Procurement team in developing RFP and evaluating suppliers
- In collaboration with Sourcing and Procurement AND legal support all activities associated with the execution and review of outsourcing contracts. Make recommendations for ongoing contract language changes to optimize Assurant’s legal position & overall supplier performance increasing the value (and cost savings) to Assurant throughout the life of the agreement.
- In collaboration with Sourcing & Procurement, Legal, IT, Risk and Compliance assist in developing effective negotiating strategies for outsourcing contracts.
- Develop and manage issue and risk action and mitigation plans.
- Perform relationship management activities.
- Work on complex supplier negotiations requiring understand of contractual terms and sourcing levers. Lead the negotiation for complex change orders and new SOWs within the existing Master Agreement
- Orchestrate and facilitate governance meeting between senior leadership from Assurant and service provider leadership. Develop and manage the Agenda for these discussion such that it creates meaningful and valuable engagement on both sides
- Partner with stakeholders to create and launch tactical implementation plans.
- Interact with internal and external customers.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with internal clients and colleagues at all levels.
- Develop transition methodology for all major functions, modify them for specific business situations, and work with operations in deploying the methodologies for outsourcing and insourcing delivery models.
- Conduct interviews with existing process SMEs across the organization to gather baseline information on current manual processes.
- Develop process redesigns to ensure smooth transition from current state to future global delivery models.
- Support definition of business requirements for existing systems to be able to use the extracted data, and successfully partner with Technology to define work required by the service provider.
- Identify and document the business rules needed to be translated into formal process maps, SLAs and KPIs.
- Develop and manage outsourcing issue and risk mitigation management plans.
- Manage multiple initiatives and/or programs.
- Serve as member of cross-functional teams; lead meetings as appropriate and influence line functions.
- Mentor and coach others in outsourcing and supplier governance processes and industry practices.
- Responsible for managing a Global team with operational leaders in Europe and South America and GDO analyst team in India.
- Review and finalization of vendor performance reports submitted by service provider governance team.
- Responsible for tracking and validating the outsourcing budget and reviewing & approving (up to authorized approval limits) and/or recommending to senior management that they approve (when spend exceeds approval limits) all invoices submitted by the Provider. Invoices are complex in nature and must be validated against provisions set forth in Service Delivery Contracts.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- 8 years experience in outsourcing strategy and implementation
- 8 years experience in process redesign
- 8 years experience in outsourcing bench-marking, market analyses and financial negotiations
- Master knowledge of contract terms and conditions (T&C)
- Experience managing global teams
- Excel modeling skills and PowerPoint presentation skills
10-20% Travel – including multiple international trips within an annual cycle
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.