Business Data Analyst (Bilingual - English/Spanish or Portuguese)Apply Requisition Number 52706
The Business Data Analyst is responsible for analysis, design, and development of technical data solutions for moderate risk and low to medium complex projects to meet the needs of the Operations, Client Management, Sales, Actuarial, and Accounting departments.
This position is responsible for data mapping, design, development and testing of conversion and transfer / load programs for Vehicle Protection Services (VPS) contractual and financial. The successful candidate must possess an general understanding of ETL development tools.
- Deliver reporting using Excel and internal data sources (10%)
- Validate the integrity of the data shown in reports by performing regular data analysis (15%)
- Assist team in driving improvements to the data pipeline (10%)
- Assist with internal projects as requested and engage in other activities which contribute to the improved performance of business systems used by Vehicle Protection Services department (20%)
- Work with Implementation Managers through each client’s setup & implementation process (25%)
- Document new and modified data sources, tables, and fields (10%)
- Analyze & manipulate data in Excel, and provide feedback to clients (10%)
- High school diploma or GED
- 3+ years of experience in analysis, design, and/or programming within a large-scale environment, and actuarial or analytical experience
- 3+ years of experience with SQL
- 3+ years of professional experience working with small to medium size datasets
- Bilingual in English and Spanish or Portuguese
- Experience in the implementation of the interface/back-end system configuration initiatives
- Understanding of IT integration points, configuration and data conversion principles.
- Ability to analyze data feeds, perform mapping and calculations for target location.
- Knowledge of business data elements and their interaction in two or more business areas.
- Excellent oral, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate technical information to all levels of internal and external personnel.
- Ability to work within tight time constraints on low to moderate risk, low to moderately complex projects.
- Ability to collect, organize and process complex data and information from multiple sources, verify its accuracy, and effectively develop alternatives and logical relationships.
- Ability to plan daily work activities in effective way to maintain a high level of personal productivity.
- Ability to think conceptually with a focus on impacts and outcomes.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and the corresponding ability to quickly provide sound decisions and recommendations with less than complete information.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with Elita Policy Management system is highly desired
- PL/SQL experience with Oracle is highly desired
- Working knowledge of SQL Server, SSRS, SSAS, SSIS, Power BI
- Candidates based out of Brazil or Mexico
Request an Accomodation
If you need help with the application process or an accommodation, we encourage you to tell us so that we can try to get you the help you need for that. Assurant is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. Accommodations are made on a case-by-case basis.Please click the link: https://www.assurant.com/CustomerSupport/EmailAssurant and then select Other Question.