Lead AccountantApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Requisition Number R-87036
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a Lead Accountant in the Atlanta area!
Assurant Solutions is part of Assurant, the premier provider of specialized insurance products and related services in North America and select worldwide markets. Assurant, a Fortune 500 company and part of the S&P 500, is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol AIZ. Assurant has over $44 billion in assets and $8 billion in annual revenue.
As a Lead Accountant you will conduct the broadest and most complex accounting assignments, resolves complex issues and problems with statements, schedules and reports of a financial nature, reviews and documents items recorded for P&L and balance sheet activity, evaluates matters that may have a major bearing on conduct of company business, and serves as a subject matter expert.
- Prepare complex financial statements that accurately account for business results and conform to GAAP and STAT principles and regulations.
- Prepare and process complex journal entries monthly and quarterly.
- Prepare account reconciliations and perform follow-up activities for pending items.
- Serves as subject matter expert to accounting team.
- Reviews and approves financial transactions processed by staff accountants.
- Initiate and implement process improvements.
- Perform and assist in the planning and implementation of complex accounting projects and assignments.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of accounting system changes.
- Develop and maintain process documentation.
- Reviews entry of new client information into data systems.
- Maintains general ledger including exceptions and eliminations.
- Conducts trend analysis and explains fluxes.
- Creates financial and business reports relative to business and clients.
- Researches, resolves, and documents reporting discrepancies across all accounting systems as well as the general ledger.
- Reconciles transactions for whole businesses or between parent company and subsidiary accounts.
- Conduct research relating to various accounting issues, including SOX and audit inquiries.
- Occasionally supervises other accountants in the absence of management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Must be able to utilize technology to enhance efficiencies
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills including Pivot tables, V-look ups, macros, query, etc.
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Solid analytical skills
- Capable of managing multiple accounts – excellent organizational skills
- Qualified candidate must exhibit a team oriented, take initiative, style where they can be flexible to work in any environment
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must have the ability to build credibility and trust, and have
- 5+ years of professional experience within the Insurance Industry
- CPA designation or CPA exam passed
- Experience in supervisory or team lead role
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.