Lead .Net Software EngineerApply Location Atlanta, Georgia Additional Locations: Miami,Florida Requisition Number R-87824
As a Lead .NET Software Engineer, you’re charged with providing software development guidance and mentoring. This is a highly technical position that has direct authority over the processes and people responsible for the technical rigor of some of Assurant’s key systems. Your team will build product that continuously provides business value.
Primary Job Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Build and deliver IT solutions that demonstrably provide business value
- Mentor and lead high-performing development teams
- Responsible for defining and execution of the onboarding process of team members
- Responsible for the retention, development, coaching, and performance management of the team members
- Strive to achieve consistency across assigned feature delivery teams
- Ensure team collaboration, resolve issues, provide coaching and feedback and manage performance of development team members.
- Ensure team members have necessary tools and training to be effective in their feature delivery roles.
- Define, monitor, and enforce coding standards and promote design pattern usage
- Ensure as-built documentation is captured
- Stay current in new technologies and platforms; identifies emerging technologies to solve complex business problems.
- Partner with QA, BA, and Agile Practice to form high performing delivery teams.
Will oversee the delivery of integrated working software according to specification, including the following:
- Ensuring consistency across assigned teams for design and implementation
- Coaching and mentoring of developers
Qualifications and Requirements
- 5+ years of technical leadership developing enterprise level software
- 5+ years of programming experience
- Stellar intrapersonal, communication, and leadership skills
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Ability to juggle multiple high-priority projects
- Experience with C# and SQL Server 2008/2012/2014/2016
- Experience with .NET Core
- Angular experience a huge plus
- Leadership experience throughout the software lifecycle
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated DevOps experience
- Ability to design and build both on premise and cloud solutions
- Microsoft certifications a plus
- Understanding of enterprise design patterns and best practices
- Experience with COTS products such as Neuron, ElasticSearch, EventStore and Informatica
Recently Viewed Jobs
You do not have any recently viewed jobs
Meet Our People
Ignacio D. - Senior Operations Analyst
Whether I'm working with people in Argentina or Chile or Miami, we all feel like we're part of the same company. And within my own group, we share ideas and analyze as a team - and drive for change, for improvements. We'll show each other how we do things and lend advice.
I also enjoy the focus on work-life balance - in the workplace, we're offered exercise classes or stretching classes with a trainer, for example. I've had the flexibility to take classes and training. And, we have the opportunity to give back to the community through events held throughout the year.